Davie's french attraction.

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

daviemck2006
Donor 2020

Re: Davie's french attraction.

Post by daviemck2006 »

I am not in the way of naming cars usually, but I'm going to name the 205 "the horse" thanks to Mr Stickyfinger [emoji48] [emoji12] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

daviemck2006 wrote:I am not in the way of naming cars usually, but I'm going to name the 205 "the horse" thanks to Mr Stickyfinger [emoji48] [emoji12] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]
:rofl2: Thanks for yet another great giggle today Davie :-D Laughter really is the best medicine.. Thank goodness for the FCF!

daviemck2006
Donor 2020

Post by daviemck2006 »

It's good Jim. I'm lucky just now I'm ok despite the disappointment of my bionics being removed. I started decorating my hall and stairs yesterday, 2 x 2 hrs is all I did. Nothing today, apart from away to meet a friend for a bite to eat, and I might do some tomorrow. It may take a few weeks to do but who cares?

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

daviemck2006 wrote: It may take a few weeks to do but who cares?
That's the attitude I'm taking with my V6 conversion Davie but in that case weeks may be years!!!

daviemck2006
Donor 2020

Post by daviemck2006 »

Have done nothing today. I was going to, but the get up and go has got up and gone! I was thinking though (usually dangerous) that if the 205 is christened "the horse", perhaps the megane should be "the cart". Opinions please, posted along with a cheque to,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

daviemck2006 wrote:Have done nothing today. I was going to, but the get up and go has got up and gone!
Yours and mine both Davie :twisted:

myglaren
Forum Admin Team

Post by myglaren »

I have done the grand total of buying the bits to service the C5 - two months after I ordered them. No point in rushing these things :)

Actually the owner of the car bits shop went into hospital a couple of days after I ordered them and I can't get there during the working week.
Then he went to Belgium for a month to make some money to subsidise the car parts shop (electronics consultant).

Going to pass* it's MOT tomorrow so there will be no servicing done.
*forgone conclusion :twisted:

Was going to clean the car but chucked it down yesterday and today.

Saturday removed, cleaned and replaced the nearside screen-washer nozzle that has worked when it felt like it for the past year. Amazed at the crap I managed to blow out of it.
Still works too - always a bonus.

Did manage to dislocate a pipe and when testing the washers had a free shower. Very amusing.

daviemck2006
Donor 2020

Post by daviemck2006 »

I need to change the oil and filters on the horse, it's a horrid colour! It's on the to do list. At least it won't need fancy oil!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

myglaren
Forum Admin Team

Post by myglaren »

I generally use a Torq station for diesel, it is close to home, on my way to work, has reduced prices two days a week.
Last time I filled up the diesel was 2p/L cheaper and if you bought some oil it was another 7p/L off.
The oil was £20 for 10L. Went to pick a couple of 3w30 fully synthetic cans up.

"Oh no! Not those sir, they aren't included in the offer." Typical!
Anyway, if you have a Torq near you it might work for you, the 10w40 is included.

daviemck2006
Donor 2020

Post by daviemck2006 »

The nearest torque station I know of is in aberdeen, a 90 mile round trip! Here we have esso and gleaner. The next ones are over 20 miles away and is asda, tesco, and BP. We have 35 miles to Elgin or 45 to Aberdeen before we find anything u corner shops and the afore said small sized supermarkets. There is absolutely nothing here. My house is for sale and once it sells myself and Shaun are moving to Aberdeen. It will be much closer to his work and much more things to do etc. That's why I am decorating my lobby and stairs. The feedback k from viewers is that the house is ok, but the lobby and stairs are very dark and unappealing. It's the first thing they see. Cue the white gloss and magnolia then. This is on the doing list, and really needs to be first finished. Hence the horse going to a garage to get the wheelbearing done on Wednesday. The other reason for the house sale is the stairs. I need to get into a nice small 2 bed or even one bed semi detached bungalow or ground floor flat with just enough garden to get the cars into. Stairs can be a problem to me sometimes. I have two mots shortly, in fact 3 if you count the gti which I have no money in now, if the boys ever get it running! It's maybe why both my cars were cheap, the horse is due start of September and the cart mid October. I am not aware of anything other than the wheelbearing and gaitor on the horse am broken front spring on the cart. I shall do it myself, it won't matter if it is sitting on axle stands for a few days. I do have spring compressors which have never been used yet. I think I'm going to possibly sell the cart in October once it has new oil filters and mot, and look for something like a Berlingo van to make a mini camper for myself, and run for the daily. But as you guys know that little lot is all subject to change, when do I ever make a plan and stick to it lol

daviemck2006
Donor 2020

Post by daviemck2006 »

The only thing to report on the car front here is my 205 has a new wheel bearing, I put it to tha garage, it cost 4 quid more than the car did! The 205 gti is running, but needs new radiator hoses and an mot before it is on the road. The Renault and the 107 just do what they are told to do, albeit both feel like their clutches are about to start slipping. I just drive canny so mine will probably do ages, shaun on the other hand, is rough on his 107 and it probably won't lol.

On other news, totally unrelated to cars, my second daughter gave me my second grandaughter on Thursday night. Very happy chappie I am, far better than any car[emoji3]

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Fantastic news on your second granddaughter Davie :-D I'm looking forward to being a grandad but I fear it's still a few years off...

Excellent on the GTi :-D

I giggled a bit when I read the wheel bearing cost more than the car...

daviemck2006
Donor 2020

Post by daviemck2006 »

My list of jobs to do is growing. My 205 needs a service and the driveshaft boot done. My Megane needs a front spring. I have the spring don't have the inclination to do it yet. MOT due in early October so need done by then. The clutch bite is right at the top of its travel, but it is not slipping. It may well go for a long time, or it may not. It will just go until it slips seriously. Kerri 's astra has started a rattle/clonk from the front passenger side. Not investigated yet, possible drop link kind of noise. I've been under the weather for a few days now, I have no inclination to do anything. My new grandaughter is a week old tomorrow, and I have only seen her once. I do t want to go near a baby while I am not well. The jobs will have to wait.

daviemck2006
Donor 2020

Post by daviemck2006 »

Here's my two grandchildren. Lily Rose the baby meeting her cousin Eilidh, 15 months.

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Lovely :-D