Lexia taking forever to diagnose all ok ?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Mandrake
My Cars:

Re: Lexia taking forever to diagnose all ok ?

Post by Mandrake »

charentejohn wrote:Getting there, I hope, based on Mandrake's observations.
Generally I think the unit is ok as I tried it on our C3 and all worked fine, only query I have on this is it says 'turn on ignition', what does this mean. Cane up with a few faults or ? symbols but all related to not having the engine running ?
So- does turn on ignition mean start the car ?
No it just means turn the ignition on to the run position, but starting the engine isn't needed. Some ECU's only receive power when the key is on, such as the engine and gearbox ECU's so the key has to be on to communicate with those. Others like the CPH (central locking etc) will work with the key on or off.

I'm assuming that the C3 works naively in Diagbox rather than launching Lexia ?
Back to my Xantia problem, I eventually found the wikipedia entry (kept searching for Xantia etc when it is a generic OBD layout) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/On-board_diagnostics" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Seems the pin is no 16 which should be the +ve feed, I also found this post where someone said these weren't even connected http://www.howtomendit.com/answers.php?id=328136" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Usual naff response on these sort of sites, saying not connected in diagram, what diagram where ? On all cars ?

So looks like this isn't connected on mine, I will see if I can take it off and check but for now does anyone have one of these that has worked on a 2002 SX HDI ?
If so then it is just mine, it was implied in wikipedia that some cars (continental and mine is french) did not have this connected, so maybe it hasn't.
Can't say I've ever checked for voltage on pin 16 of my Xantia, all I know is that the OBD-II connector specifies pin 16 is 12 volts, and my owners manual specifies one of the fuses as supplying the "diagnostic socket". I can check pin 16 on my Xantia to see if there is any voltage there if you like ? It might be a couple of days before I get a chance is the only problem.
When I connect to the Xantia it says connect lead and AL04 power supply, or words to that effect.
That message is normal - just ignore it, as far as I know AL04 is referring to another piece of hardware that a real Lexia has which our clones don't - for measuring voltages etc.
I can see on the interface these is a socket next to the connection from the PC, I assume this is for a power supply then ??? If so where can I get a cable, I have looked online but searching for 12V cable is like looking for a needle in a haystack. I may be able to buy a genuine one but from where ?
You shouldn't need to connect any power to that socket - I don't connect anything to my interface other than the DB-9 serial connector which goes to the USB interface, and the large round connector that goes to the diagnostic socket cable...and I haven't seen anything to suggest that anyone else uses that 4 pin socket, or indeed that its even a power socket. I suspect its some sort of diagnostic/programming socket like a j-tag interface for re-flashing the interface so I definitely wouldn't apply any power there.
Any more thoghts anyone.
Yes, can you confirm your exact year and model of car ? It is a series 2, right ?

Also which version of Windows are you running ? Lexia is known not to work on any 64 bit version of Windows even though it will install.

So if you install on Windows 7 64 bit Diagbox may work, which means you can scan newer cars that use Diagbox only, but not older cars like a Xantia that launch the Lexia app. The Lexia app should in theory work on Windows 7 32 bit though, although XP is most compatible.
Simon

1997 Xantia S1 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive in Silex Grey
2016 Nissan Leaf Tekna 30kWh in White

2011 Peugeot Ion Full Electric in Silver
1977 G Special 1129cc LHD
1978 CX 2400
1997 Xantia S1 2.0i Auto VSX
1998 Xantia S2 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive
charentejohn
My Cars:

Re: Lexia taking forever to diagnose all ok ?

Post by charentejohn »

Thanks for all the info, car is an SX 2002 model saloon 90.
PC is an old laptop running XP, all reset to factory settings and has no internet connection set up, just al old laptop I no longer used.
I can check to see if my car has pin 16 connected to power, no problem but wouldn't hurt if you can confirm this sometime.

I did try to find the fuse that powers it, I have a french manual that shows a drawing of the fuses, a list of what fuse no is what, sadly the drawing has no numbers so the list is meaningless.
Seems it is Fuse 2 (wherever that is) but this is also for the instruments, speedo and lots of other stuff as well as the diag socket so it would show if it was blown.

So bottom line is it all works ok except not on the Xantia, oh well, I will keep trying.
Slightly worrying finding faults and ? responses on the C3 though, only one I checked was the starter/alternator one which just said temporary fault, hence assuming it needed the engine running.
I may do that again and check all problem areas to see what the faults are.
You must be the change you want to see in the world - Mahatma Gandhi
Xantia HDI 90SX C3 2005 and C3 2006 both 1.4i sensodrives