lexia 3

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Gingerposer
My Cars:

Re: lexia 3

Post by Gingerposer »

Well, I tried the validation and it noticed that my copy is perhaps slightly not genuine, so I'm going to reinstall (can't get XP to install on the machine for some reason) then I'll try some of the vm software you mentioned.
Can you suggest somewhere I might find a guide as to how to use it?

Cheers

Ainslie
Ben82
My Cars: C5 V6 2004

Post by Ben82 »

Gingerposer wrote:Well, I tried the validation and it noticed that my copy is perhaps slightly not genuine, so I'm going to reinstall (can't get XP to install on the machine for some reason) then I'll try some of the vm software you mentioned.
Can you suggest somewhere I might find a guide as to how to use it?

Cheers

Ainslie
Virtualbox is fairly straight forward and has a wizard for setting up new virtual machines and has some reasonable defaults for xp. Easier if you give it a try and ask if you get stuck :)
2004 Citroen C5 3L V6 Auto
Brit living in Sweden with an imported from Germany French Car!
djjtl
My Cars:

Post by djjtl »

I received my Lexia 3 yesterday from Artur off ebay and I loaded it on vista but lexia didn't seem to like it.I installed it on a acer one netbook with artur helping me out.I got it installed and connected it to the c5 and it brought the vin up straight away just had to enter the pro 5 digit number.

I couldn't get it close down as running it from a netbook lexia wasn't fully displayed.I went into the lexia files and changed the display to 1024 x 600 and it's running great.The installation is a bit of a pain but if you copy and paste from the text file it will install.I know i have to get use to using it which could be fun :-D

Thumbs up for Artur for helping out with the install he's a great guy =D>
03 C5 2.O HDi 90 LX Estate 97K
Mandrake
My Cars:

Post by Mandrake »

Could you share the configuration files changes to lower the resolution of Lexia to 1024x600 ?
Simon

1997 Xantia S1 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive in Silex Grey
2016 Nissan Leaf Tekna 30kWh in White

2011 Peugeot Ion Full Electric in Silver
1977 G Special 1129cc LHD
1978 CX 2400
1997 Xantia S1 2.0i Auto VSX
1998 Xantia S2 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive
Ben82

Post by Ben82 »

Mandrake wrote:Could you share the configuration files changes to lower the resolution of Lexia to 1024x600 ?
I've found it... C:\APP\LEXIA\EXE\ecran.ini

Change hauteur_ecran to 600 :)
Gingerposer
My Cars:

Post by Gingerposer »

Well, today with loads of online help from Artur, we finally got the Lexia package installed on my laptop. It runs Windows 7, but as we could not get the Diagbox installed on it, even by using Oracle Virtualbox to run XP, Artur recommended just installing Lexia, which he did remotely.
However, we can't get it to connect to my S2 Xantia.
I think I am using the correct cables - one which has a USB plug on one end and a small data plug on the other, which links the laptop to the reader device. One which connects from the round plug wired to the other end of the reader, to a green socket which fits on the OBD plug in the fusebox beside the steering column.
Is there a single fuse for the OBD plug, or does it share power with other accessories? I'll have to check the fuse in daylight.
Guess I can also check for voltage at the pins on the OBD plug using my multimeter, is there anything else I can eliminate?

Cheers

Ainslie
Ben82

Post by Ben82 »

According to the Lexia map c.morewood is about 15miles away from you, maybe worth seeing if you can meet up, and maybe see if his can read your xantia, just really to ensure it is something with the car.
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Do be aware that the pushpins on the map are deliberately vague and only show the approximate location of the member.
Ben82

Post by Ben82 »

myglaren wrote:Do be aware that the pushpins on the map are deliberately vague and only show the approximate location of the member.
Yeah you've put me slap bang in someone's back garden (just hope they don't get people knocking on their door saying "can you read my car?" lol), strangely on the same street as a house we were looking at (online) as a potential future home...if we were to move there it would make your pushpin eerily accurate :)
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

I just drop them from a great height, not wanting to make life easier for anyone who doesn't need to know the precise location.
Gingerposer
My Cars:

Post by Gingerposer »

Ben82 wrote:According to the Lexia map c.morewood is about 15miles away from you, maybe worth seeing if you can meet up, and maybe see if his can read your xantia, just really to ensure it is something with the car.

Excellent suggestion, I shall do that!

Oh and thanks to all who have provided advice so far, it has been of great help in making progress with this installation :lol:

Ainslie
Mandrake
My Cars:

Post by Mandrake »

Ben82 wrote:
Mandrake wrote:Could you share the configuration files changes to lower the resolution of Lexia to 1024x600 ?
I've found it... C:\APP\LEXIA\EXE\ecran.ini

Change hauteur_ecran to 600 :)
Just wanted to dig this thread up to confirm that this does indeed work. :)

Today I installed Diagbox 7.06 on a Samsung NC110 netbook borrowed from work (1.5Ghz atom, 2GB ram) and it has a 1024x600 screen, with the modification above the Lexia app works perfectly and is fully readable, the only thing is on some of the parameters measurement screens you have to scroll to see the last row but that's a minor issue, as the Lexia app does seem to support UI scaling and scrolling once it's been told what resolution to scale to! DIagbox and PP2000 don't seem to need any changes to work correctly on 1024x600.

Also of interest is that the netbook is running Windows 7 professional 32 bit and Diagbox/Lexia installed perfectly and apart from the resolution tweak I didn't do anything special to get it to work, so Lexia DOES work properly in 32 bit Windows 7, at least on certain machines. :) I've run several diagnostic sessions on the Xantia to test it.

I used the Diagbox 7.02 installer and 7.02 to 7.06 updater from scarymistake, installed by mounting the iso image using MagicDisc 2.7. (Since the netbook has no DVD drive)

Considering its only an atom and has the extra overhead of Windows 7, whilst taking a bit longer that my other laptop to load Diagbox once Lexia is launched its not really any slower and is perfectly usable.

Compared to our Dell laptop the netbook is far more convienient - smaller and lighter, twice the battery life (6 hours compared to 2.5) and it has a VERY bright screen when turned up which is easy to read in sunlight unlike the Dell which can barely be read outdoors let alone in direct sunlight...

So if someone is looking for a cheap but very usable netbook for a dedicated Lexia machine I can recommend the Samsung NC110... the only thing to watch out for is that this one is the 2GB version, a lot of the NC110 I've seen on ebay only have 1GB of ram which may not be sufficient to run diagbox under Windows 7.
Simon

1997 Xantia S1 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive in Silex Grey
2016 Nissan Leaf Tekna 30kWh in White

2011 Peugeot Ion Full Electric in Silver
1977 G Special 1129cc LHD
1978 CX 2400
1997 Xantia S1 2.0i Auto VSX
1998 Xantia S2 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive