Newbie questions

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Bigbrother
My Cars:

Post by Bigbrother »

and thank you Wheeler.
Homer
My Cars: Current:
Volvo V60 D4 180

Previous:
BX16RS (two of),
BX19TZI,
Xantia 2.0i saloon,
Xantia 2.0 Exclusive CT turbo Break,
Peugeot 807 2.0 HDi 110,
Renault Grand Scenic, 2.0 diesel (150bhp)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi 160 which put me off French cars possibly forever

Post by Homer »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Bigbrother</i>

.........ooops i just remembered the other thing i would like to know.
Can you (i) disable the PIN code prior to (re) starting the vehicle. My wife does courier work and finds it an absolute nightmare.
Regards,
bb
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Digging around in my failing memory I seem to remember a facility to disable the code for a set period after turning off the engine.
I think it involved pressing a key within a certain time of turning off the ignition and before opening the drivers door.
You really need that owners handbook, why can't people just keep them where they belong. I can understand them going missing from a BX where storage space inside the car is limited but the Xantia has a cubby hole specially for the manual, and it is pretty useless for anything else. (rant over).
Bigbrother
My Cars:

Post by Bigbrother »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">.......but the Xantia has a cubby hole specially for the manual, and it is pretty useless for anything else.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
I take that to be the thing under the "<i><b>Oh My God</b></i>" handle - because it certainly can't be classed as a glove box (you'd struggle to get a pair in least ways).
Regards,
bb
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

No, there's an EVEN SMALLER slot under a flap just above the drivers right knee - just about big enough for one fingerless glove this one.
I'll look in my handbook and see what it says about disabling the keypad (I don't have one, the car being an earlyish TD).
Richard
Homer
Volvo V60 D4 180

Previous:
BX16RS (two of),
BX19TZI,
Xantia 2.0i saloon,
Peugeot 807 2.0 HDi 110,

Post by Homer »

As above.
Anyone who didn't know better would think it was just the cover for the fusebox.[:D]
Bigbrother
My Cars:

Post by Bigbrother »

<b>@ RichardW</b> thanks for the offer, i have unplugged the keypad but would prefer the othodox method if its available - although earlier posts indicate setting the PIN to 4 X zeros, but i dont want to mess it up (PIN No. change) without proper instructions.
Many thanks,
bb
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

OK, according to the handbook:
Code change:
Ignition on: enter existing code, press C, enter new code, press C. Four flashes of green lamp, with 4 beeps confirms new code.
Setting the code to 0000 'disables' the keypad.
Neutral mode - ignition on, enter code, press D/N button for 2 seconds. Confirmed by 4 beeps. (To get out of netural mode, enter the code again with ignition on).
To defer lock-out for 1 hour, press D/N within 20 seconds of switching ignition off (it seems system stays in this mode, as the book says it will flash the green lamp and beep once within 10s of ignition off). To cancel this mode, press D/N within 10s of igition switch off.
HTH
Richard
Bigbrother
My Cars:

Post by Bigbrother »

Thanks <i>RichardW</i> - most impressed (although only seem to have <b>C</b> & <b>S</b> buttons as far as i can see !) no worries though as i will set it to 4 X zeros anyway.
Regards,
bb
Bigbrother
My Cars:

Post by Bigbrother »

<b>UPDATE:</b> I took the advice of other people from a Mobile phone forum and cleaned up the circuit board of the "plip" with some special alcohol (i used Gin though) and a toothbrush - followed by a slow cook/dryout in the airing cupboard overnight. Plopped a new pair of batteries in this morning and <i>Hey Presto</i> i have a working "plip", had to disconnect the battery to re-set the alarm, all OK now.
Regards,
bb
Homer
Volvo V60 D4 180

Previous:
BX16RS (two of),
BX19TZI,
Xantia 2.0i saloon,
Peugeot 807 2.0 HDi 110,

Post by Homer »

I would guess the S button is the D/N button and either some cars were fitted with different keypads or yours has been replaced with one intended for a different market (i.e. mainland Europe).
Bigbrother
My Cars:

Post by Bigbrother »

Aaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhhhhh !!!!
I changed the code to zero's just before coming to work (nightshift) and lo it still needs inputting prior to starting - may unplug it again if this keeps up !
Regards,
bb