Xantia 2.0HDI brakes

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Tony589
My Cars:

Re: Xantia 2.0HDI brakes

Post by Tony589 »

On the other hand, the fact that they seem to have let him drive it home with known defective brakes would have put them sitting next to him at Crown Court if the worst had happened... that he's an MOT tester is bloody scary.
To be honest that's my fault. The mechanic urged me to leave it there but I insisted because they are based near my work and I needed to get home and back in the morning.
I guess I should have unplugged the ABS unit BEFORE driving home.
Tony589
My Cars:

Post by Tony589 »

That was my fault.
The mechanic urged me to leave it there but because they are based near my work and I needed to get home and back again in the morning, I insisted on taking it.
I should have disconnected the ABS first though.

Don't know what happened there, my previous post didn't show up so I tried again, then suddenly I'm repeating myself??

Oh well, wouldn't be the first time.

Ah, I see now, the post rolled over to a second page, silly me.

Tony.
neil123
My Cars: 2001 Xantia 110 Hdi Forte estate - owned from new.
1984 2cv Special
Various modern crap!

Post by neil123 »

Well Tony, that's very honest. Fair do's. But I wouldn't have let you drive it!

And... have a word with yaself! You don't want to be winning a Darwin Award, hmm?!

Neil
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Tony, I see you put them in the recommended garages section.. I think, following your explanation of events and how they were prepared to go out of their way to listen to you (and perhaps this forum) and really work to fix the problem, it's well justified.

We need a lot more garages like that; they're a rare and endangered species :(
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...