suspension

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Richard Gallagher
My Cars:

Post by Richard Gallagher »

To get to to plastic connector you have to get right underneath the rear of the car (make sure it is properly supported, axle stands/ramps etc). It is situated in the centre between the rear wheels and connects from the rear anti-roll bar (which is a long rod running across the car between the wheel hubs) to the height corrector which is a circular looking device with numerous pipes running in/out of it. The plastic connector just 'clicks' onto a ball joint on each end.
Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

Post by Kowalski »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Richard Gallagher</i>

The plastic connector just 'clicks' onto a ball joint on each end.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
It just clicks on after a lot of swearing and hitting it with a big hammer.
When I replaced one of these on my Xantia, I carefully greased it first and ended up with hydraulic lock. It was taking far too much effort to get on so I removed some / almost all of the grease and it was more cooperative.
shug
My Cars:

Post by shug »

well i will check and see where this plastic connector is and see if it is knackered and post back too let people know if this be the problem
shug
My Cars:

Post by shug »

ok replaced anti sink rear sphere not sinking no more, also freed up height corrector and greased. replaced blown exhaust pipe (porous at weld seam) replacement pipe didnt know we could get! qwik fit quoted a new box etc how handy is burning torch and grinder well onto next problem steering gaiter replacement will keep posting with results
Homer
My Cars: Current:
Volvo V60 D4 180

Previous:
BX16RS (two of),
BX19TZI,
Xantia 2.0i saloon,
Xantia 2.0 Exclusive CT turbo Break,
Peugeot 807 2.0 HDi 110,
Renault Grand Scenic, 2.0 diesel (150bhp)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi 160 which put me off French cars possibly forever

Post by Homer »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Kowalski</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Homer</i>

Don't use the rear lashing eyes (big loops behind bumper) to jack it up, they are not strong enough and will bend under the weight of the car. [B)]
Apparently you can get a special bar that fits inside both of these eyes so that you can jack the centre rear of the car using the bar.
I haven't actually seen such a bar but I'm told that they exist.
I have seen it suggested (probably in Haynes) to use a length of scaffold pole but I didn't want to suggest that and have a car fall on somebody who tried it.