Xantia 1.8 16v 'Missing' Problem sorted, Thanks

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Hugo

Post by Hugo »

In addition, could it be a dirty TDC Sensor, not reading the 'marks' on the flywheel carefully?
Hugo
Hugo

Post by Hugo »

Further to my last post, I have replaced the air intake/throttle housing assembly complete with all the relevent sensors/sender units and the stepper motor etc that draws the air through the filter and into the intake manifold and run the engine again. The unit I had was from the replacement peugeot engine. When it was fitted the original manifold assembly complete with air intake/throttle housing was put on the replacement engine, because of the Citroen Badge - yes I know it was a good idea at the time!
For a few seconds it ran fine, then refused to tick over, however, it runs better at higher revs when cold and actually warms up OK.
So, the TDC sensor is reading 100 ohms and seems to be working (engine stops when it is disconnects) - unfortunately I don't have a spare one of those. I've changed the throttle housing with all the bits on it. The only other sensor I have not checked is the MAP Sensor on the inlet manifold. Is that the one bolted to the underside of the inlet manifold?
Oh and in addition, the ECU light is now on.
Any further advice please
Thanks in advance
Hugo
However, the tickover problem
Hugo

Post by Hugo »

Well
Today I borrowed one of those Gunson Analysers from an acquantance and went to plug it into the relevent plug. However, instead of finding a green 2 pin female plug, all I could find was a grey 3 pin female plug.
I did find the green two pin, but I was most confused as to where this grey one should be.
So I felt for the MAP sensor underneath the intake manifold and there it was with no plug!.
Refitted plug - started car and it runs fine at any speed or temp! - no ECU light either!
So, I've been spending weeks trying to find a fault caused by a plug that has come adrift!
Where's Dumn, Dummer's looking for him! Do'h!
Anyway, thanks for all your help!
Hugo