lexia v obd11

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Ben82
My Cars: C5 V6 2004

Re: lexia v obd11

Post by Ben82 »

Mandrake wrote:The £78 Lexia's on eBay are cheap Chinese clones that don't work properly on some cars and can't run Diagbox versions later than 5.29 as the interface boxes are blacklisted in the later software versions... they're not the same as the ones sold through easydiagnostics, so I hardly think you've been robbed ;)

Just check this thread for examples of the problems people are having with the cheaper clone Lexia's from eBay:

http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... =3&t=42848" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
BTW: mine was a £77er :) Runs 6.3.. Was this one, someone mentioned it on the forums here as being fine (can't remember who), but I went for it, and of course, happy with it.
2004 Citroen C5 3L V6 Auto
Brit living in Sweden with an imported from Germany French Car!
Mandrake
My Cars:

Post by Mandrake »

Ben82 wrote:
Mandrake wrote:The £78 Lexia's on eBay are cheap Chinese clones that don't work properly on some cars and can't run Diagbox versions later than 5.29 as the interface boxes are blacklisted in the later software versions... they're not the same as the ones sold through easydiagnostics, so I hardly think you've been robbed ;)

Just check this thread for examples of the problems people are having with the cheaper clone Lexia's from eBay:

http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... =3&t=42848" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
BTW: mine was a £77er :) Runs 6.3.. Was this one, someone mentioned it on the forums here as being fine (can't remember who), but I went for it, and of course, happy with it.
Looks like you lucked out then. :) The problem is you really don't know what you're getting on ebay when you buy from overseas. The clones with the problems look identical to the good ones...I would definiately only buy one from sources that have been confirmed by other forum members to be supplying good units...

Buy from a random ebay seller and chances are you won't be so lucky.
Simon

1997 Xantia S1 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive in Silex Grey
2016 Nissan Leaf Tekna 30kWh in White

2011 Peugeot Ion Full Electric in Silver
1977 G Special 1129cc LHD
1978 CX 2400
1997 Xantia S1 2.0i Auto VSX
1998 Xantia S2 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive
Ben82
My Cars: C5 V6 2004

Post by Ben82 »

Mandrake wrote: Looks like you lucked out then. :) The problem is you really don't know what you're getting on ebay when you buy from overseas. The clones with the problems look identical to the good ones...I would definiately only buy one from sources that have been confirmed by other forum members to be supplying good units...

Buy from a random ebay seller and chances are you won't be so lucky.
Looked into it a fair bit beforehand, seemed like the guy had good feedback for the lexias (only one recent neg, and that's a month after I purchased it, so was none at the time), as I said was mentioned by someone on here (but can't remember who), who had said that it was working fine etc.

TBH, if you think about it, all Jim is probably doing, is buying up these £77 when he gets a bit low on stock, tests them, returns the ones that don't work, and sells on the rest at about a 50% profit.

Also, really don't agree with this that I just found from him. Selling software that is not authentic copies for a huge margin is not really on for me.
2004 Citroen C5 3L V6 Auto
Brit living in Sweden with an imported from Germany French Car!
bill196510
My Cars:

Post by bill196510 »

is elm 327 any good

http://cartech.about.com/od/Buying-Advi ... canner.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
C5 2.2 hdi 2003, called it oliver reed, drinks like him :(
Good on fuel now, lol.
Jabo
My Cars:

Post by Jabo »

Go back to the first page and read my post again, Bill.
bill196510 wrote:is elm 327 any good

http://cartech.about.com/od/Buying-Advi ... canner.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2001 Citroen C5 SX 2.0 petrol - Misty Lilac

0-60 MPH Calculator - Android app - https://market.android.com/details?id=c ... zero60full" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Weight Transfer Calculator - Android app - https://market.android.com/details?id=c ... ansfercalc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
blackbeard
My Cars:

Post by blackbeard »

Hi guys, sorry if this has already been covered, but I want to switch off the 'check engine' light and the 'service light' on my 2002 2.0 16v C5 (petrol). I am looking at the ELM327 on Amazon at the moment and was wondering if this is all I need as I was led to believe I would require a 'Lexia' or something of that ilk. For £10 the little ELM327 seems a bit to good to be true...........

Anyone able to say one way or the other if it will switch those lights off?
Current French machine:
2002 Citroen C5 2.0 16v Automatic (petrol)

Previous French machines (all auction finds):
2000 Citroen Xantia 1.8 16v (petrol)
1999 Peugeot 206 'Roland-Garos'
1998 Renault Laguna 1.8 8v (petrol)
1992 Renault 21 2.0 8v (petrol saloon)
oneday
My Cars:

Post by oneday »

do you know why these lights are on
C5 2.0 HDI VTR 2003 ICELANDIC GREY
306 1.4 LX MERIDIAN
blackbeard
My Cars:

Post by blackbeard »

Hi oneday,

Yes, there is no actual fault. Rather than re-type the reasons I've just copied and pasted a section of my earlier post when I asked about a Lexia in the Chorley/Preston/Wigan area:

Basically, I need some advice on how to clear that (seemingly compulsory for all C5 owners) 'anti-pollution fault' warning on the LCD, along the potentially MOT failing illuminated 'ECU' and 'service' warning lights on the fascia that go with it.
There is nothing wrong with the car at all - so I don’t need or want to take it anywhere near a professional garage, especially that charges more per hour than I earn in a week, I just simply need to get the lights extinguished.

How do I know there is nothing wrong and how did it happen? – well, the car has a squeak from one or both of the rear brakes, so I decided to briefly ‘drag’ the brakes (ie drive the car with left foot on brakes whilst keeping right foot on accelerator) with the windows down to listen if both sides or just one were squeeling. What a mistake! My word, anyone would have thought I had pressed the self destruct button - brake-failure warning! Stop! Service, Engine management fault, and almost every other warning light came on and every bing and bong went off. Surprisingly it didn’t go into limp mode too.

Anyway, to cut a long story short (and leaving out several battery disconects and reconnects, fuses in and out, re initialisations, and 4000rpm+ thrashes later) all the lights apart from the ECU and service light have reset themselves. All the lcd warnings apart from the antipolution-fault have also vanished.
Current French machine:
2002 Citroen C5 2.0 16v Automatic (petrol)

Previous French machines (all auction finds):
2000 Citroen Xantia 1.8 16v (petrol)
1999 Peugeot 206 'Roland-Garos'
1998 Renault Laguna 1.8 8v (petrol)
1992 Renault 21 2.0 8v (petrol saloon)