re program C5 fob

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

oneday
My Cars:

Re: re program C5 fob

Post by oneday »

sending pm
C5 2.0 HDI VTR 2003 ICELANDIC GREY
306 1.4 LX MERIDIAN
deano1970
My Cars: citroen C5 estate 58 plate.........2.0 hdi

Post by deano1970 »

cheers derek
C5 X7
oneday
My Cars:

Post by oneday »

by sunday afternoon we should have the answer to this question at last lol
306 1.4 LX MERIDIAN
deano1970

Post by deano1970 »

oooh.bad news, the battle is lost......but the war continues...lol....am going to try a C5 fob we know to be working next week...the fob I purchased failed to pair with my car,but not sure why...either the fob is faulty or it is a xsara fob and won't pair?? not sure but we are going to try and resolve this once and for all........
C5 X7
oneday
My Cars:

Post by oneday »

we hope lol
306 1.4 LX MERIDIAN
deano1970

Post by deano1970 »

ok,
I am at a loss now as to what to believe. I have found an old e bay post by an auto locksmith that says used keyfobs cannot be paired to another car so I may have been on a wild goose chase.....I think a "virgin key" might work, like the one from gallalock,but this guy says that fobs that have been programmed to a car, will not be re programmable to another car, so, my only option is to maybe go for one of those...I will first contact these guys tomorrow as ben suggested, (cheers ben) http://www.lockmanuk.com/service.php?menuitem=24" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The e bay page is here......interesting if he ia an auto locksmith, should know what he is on about,and is talking specifically about citroen keys?? ah well,back to square one....
http://reviews.ebay.co.uk/Citroen-Remot ... 0008685294" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
C5 X7
Ben82
My Cars: C5 V6 2004

Post by Ben82 »

I'm kinda resigned to it not working! (the 2nd hand remotes that is)

Lockmanuk doesn't seem to stipulate whether they do the remote fobs or not, worth asking at least. If not, it also might be worth calling gallalock to see how much it would cost for a key cut (maybe from image) to a new complete remote, with you getting it paired yourself with a lexia. (I believe this is possible with them, but their site seems to have it all split out, which made me wary about doing the order online).
2004 Citroen C5 3L V6 Auto
Brit living in Sweden with an imported from Germany French Car!
deano1970

Post by deano1970 »

yes I know,I am going to ring them in the morning and explain the situation.I don't mind paying a fair price for a key, but I simply refuse to pay citroen £300 for a key.after all, it only unlocks the car without the key going in the lock, not really worth that money and I really thought it would have worked with a second hand remote,but it now seems unlikely...I have a spare key coming from carkey help....funny isn't it? you can get a hard key cut from a photo and program it with a lexia no problem but can't seem to get a remote to work on my car for love nor money, though the e bay posting seems to suggest it will if it's a virgin key, so,if gallalock keys are brand new,which they look to be, that could be the next route....I will also ring them and make sure they have never been paired to another vehicle...really shouldn't be this hard should it?? hard key? no problem? fob? no chance.....will post again tomorrow after ringing the two tomorrow...... :( .........Also, if the e bay guy is right, all the second hand fobs for sale on e bay are totally worthless???
C5 X7
deano1970

Post by deano1970 »

ok,
final update on this, put to bed now...I have just telephoned astons auto locksmiths and he has assured me all the citroen fobs on e bay are totally useless and once programmed to a car,they cannot be programmed ever again to another car. He says it can be re programmed to the same car hundreds of times but never to another car....He told me there are two type and that if I want to go ahead, he needs my vin number first to make sure he gets the right one,cos he said you only get one chance to code it.......so there we have it......not possible on the C5.......he has quoted me £140 for a new fob and key, which is really expensive,but half the price citroen quoted me...I guess he will code my new key that is coming from car key help too for a couple of quid more....so, looks like I won't get it done on the cheap..I could get one from gallalcok,but they are £67 and are blank, so would need it cutting and still not sure of it working so I am going to have to bite the bullet and get one done properly..... #-o :|
C5 X7
kentc5
My Cars:

Post by kentc5 »

I have a used fob from another car and its been laying here for eehhmm a couple of months... is there anyone in Kent that has Lexia and follows this post so we can try to pair it with my C5?

By the way Deano .... I came to the same conclusion with the locksmiths ... they totally deny to pair a remote they have not supplied etc ... even if it is new.
Current Cars:
Citroen Xantia 3.0 V6 Exclusive ('98)
Alfa Romeo 166 2.0TS ('03)
Audi A6 C6 2.4 V6 SE ('05)
BMW 735i Individual M-Pack ('00)
Lexus GS300SE Navigator ('98)
Toyota Prius T-Spirit ('04)
deano1970

Post by deano1970 »

kentc5,
we have already tried it with a lexia and a used fob on my C5 and nothing.......seems to be a dispute about whether it can be done,but (as you might expect) the locksmith I spoke to insisted it cannot be programmed to another car once it has been programmed to a car.......don't know if it's true but it seems more and more likely that it is as the fob I got did nothing,even plugging into a lexia.... program hard key no problem but the fob didn't give any response....the locksmith told me if I wanted a fob, I needed to supply my vin as there are two types of transponder and if he got the wrong one and tried to pair it to my car,it wouldn't,and the fob would be wasted as it cannot be paired to another car,so,it looks like the only route is to buy a proper one....he still quoted half the price citroen quoted. I find it unbelievable that it can't be done, after all, I can buy a hard key from a website that produce you a key from a digital photo and provide the key code, and get it programmed with a lexia, but try and get a fob to just be used to lock/unlock the car and it seems impossible,so. after all the speculation, it seems that it isn't possible.......just annoys me that I wasted ten quid on a 2nd hand fob when it was never ever going to work...oh well, you live and learn..........
C5 X7
haydent
My Cars: Citroen C5 II HDI

Post by haydent »

I've spent some time on this and got stuck too. Have tried both new reproduction and genuine used fobs with same result. Can program the transponder to the car with lexia and then start the car,

But cannot get the HF button sync step to work... Tried lots.

And I don't really see how the bsi could differentiate between a virgin FOB's rf signal and a used one as to do that something inside the fob would have to change apon initial sync and as far as I know fobs only talk one way...