Xantia abs light

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Xantia abs light

Post by CitroJim »

There is another way James...

Ask Dr. Chris570 to make a house call. He came to the aid of Xac and I when all my breaker bars had failed. He and his faithful bar did the trick a treat...

Just make sure all cat litter trays are out of the way though... Chris likes breaking them as an integral part of cracking off hub nuts....

I'm not sure if the ceremonial breaking of a litter tray is a necessary component of the operation but it certainly helped in Xac's case....
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

A sacrifice had to be made to the God of mechanics. Normally blood, sweat and patience are enough, but when that fails he demands the death of a cat litter tray.
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

I am happy to travel. I currently am on holiday until 16th (although I am not available on 10th), and I don't mind helping out on other problems if needed. If there is the possibility of a Lexia session for Gracie (I still don't know what the problem is with the side airbag) then that would be appreciated.

As well as some beer tokens, I still have some of my mothers homemade Christmas cake. It isn't up to her normal standard, but it is better than anything I could produce (if there ain't instructions on the tin I can't cook it!).
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

James,

If you ever want to come up this way (just off J14 M1) you are more than welcome to have your hub nuts loosened along with a Lexia session...

And a cuppa too...
Xac wrote:A sacrifice had to be made to the God of mechanics. Normally blood, sweat and patience are enough, but when that fails he demands the death of a cat litter tray.
:rofl:

The god of mechanics is I believe, called PERCYWHATSIT....
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Jim, once I get back from the pool match this evening I will PM you on this offer. I would like to take you up on it.

James
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Hell Razor5543 wrote:Jim, once I get back from the pool match this evening I will PM you on this offer. I would like to take you up on it.

James
Absolutely perfect James, no problem at all....
Jim

RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Tight hubnuts can be shifted with the appropriate use of Malc's percywhatsit. You probably need an assistant though - get the bar on and get a good load on it, then hit the back of the breaker bar / socket in line with the drive shaft with a decent sized hammer. This gives an effect similar to the impact driver. I had a good bend in my breaker bar, assisted with scaffold pole, and one of mine wouldn't shift. My Dad gave it a few whacks and off it came.
Richard W
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

I went up to see CitroJim (see post Useful Day Out), and we replaced both of Gracies' reluctor rings. Jim had the right sized breaker bar (massive, to deal with recaltriant hub nuts), and now the ABS is prepared to accept that the speed indicated does make sense. These are the rings I bought;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CITROEN-XANTI ... 27c0132920" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

James
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+