2009 Citroen C5 1.6 HDI - DIY Full Service

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Northern_Mike

Re: 2009 Citroen C5 1.6 HDI - DIY Full Service

Post by Northern_Mike »

qprdude wrote:Mate, I'm a lubrication engineer with a vast experience in all kinds of lubricants, but it's your engine, do what you want, it doesn't concern me. Your asking for proof that can never be given, other than by experience.It's a silly question really. How can you prove something works, unless you use it and the engine fails? (have you done that?) If not, then you can't prove it doesn't work.
As a lubrication engineer, I've given my opinion. You obviously don't agree, and to be honest, I don't care. You obviously have more experience than I do.
So no, you can't give proof or answer the simple questions I asked about oil being washed off bearing surfaces.

It's quite a simple thing to prove, either it flushes out stuff and makes a difference, or it doesn't. One presumes the makers of these additives test them - or is all their marketing just lies? It's either provable, or the marketing is lies and supposition. Not a great thing to base a product on really is it?
qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Post by qprdude »

You can prove that it doesn't work then? Of course it washes particles from bearings atc, thats why there is a startup procedure after flush.
I'm not getting into an arguement with a layman who obviously has an agenda. Whether you flush your engine is of no concern to me, it probably comes a bit lower on my priorities than what socks to wear tomorrow.
Why ask on the forum for proof of whether flushing oil works if you already know that it doesn't DoH.
Rick.

2013 Citroen DS 5 D/Sport
2007 Renault Clio Campus sport. 1.2l

Sometimes the change doesn't work.
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

qprdude wrote:You can prove that it doesn't work then? Of course it washes particles from bearings atc, thats why there is a startup procedure after flush.
I'm not getting into an arguement with a layman who obviously has an agenda. Whether you flush your engine is of no concern to me, it probably comes a bit lower on my priorities than what socks to wear tomorrow.
Why ask on the forum for proof of whether flushing oil works if you already know that it doesn't DoH.
You're supposed to be the expert. I'm asking you. I haven't stated that it does or does not work. I merely asked for proof, something which you obviously can't give.

I've no agenda. Nor have I ever used a flush, or had an engine fail...