Bidding farewell to Xantia and Citroen ownership for now :(

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

citroenxm
My Cars: M reg Xm S2 2.1td Auto Exclusive. 269k and rising
L reg XM S1 V6 12v Manual SEi
L 94 XM 2.1 TD auto total resto

2008 Peugeot 207 Sw 1.6 16v hdi. 217k and rising
2010 Peugeot 207 SW 1.6 8v HDi 161k and rising

Re: Bidding farewell to Xantia and Citroen ownership for now

Post by citroenxm »

CitroJim wrote:I'm with you Duke although due to my circumstances (chronic illness) I have considered going down the 'Kia route' so that I have one less thing to worry about but the fact is I can still maintain and do the necessary jobs on my cars when conditions permit and having three of the breed I'd be jolly unlucky to find all of them out of action simultaneously :)

The cost of tax, insurance and annual maintenance still add up to less than about three months HP payments on a new one so it did not take much thinking about really...
Me too, and you have pleanty of folk to help you aswell jim..! :wink: My HDi 110 on a 99 year has just turned 230k and passed an MOT, but Id only be looking for newer when she expires but hope to see 300k first..

Ive now been eyeing up the C5III... Certainly when I just saw a 59 Plate exclusive HDi 2.0 16v for 4,500 or so..

If they are that cheap now, I look forward to their prices next year..

Who in their right mind would get rid of a decent motor for a Reg that says 50 some ting, or 60 some thing, is as tinniny as a bean can, and look so damm boring and ugly you need to wear a mask to go out in it! :? :? :?
Sharing a pug 207 1.6 hdi Sw 16v.
M reg Xm 2.1 td auto exclusive S2 269k and rising
L reg XM V6 12v SEi auto .. Light project

A very sad...
1994 XM 2.1 d auto
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

citroenxm wrote: Who in their right mind would get rid of a decent motor for a Reg that says 50 some ting, or 60 some thing, is as tinniny as a bean can, and look so damm boring and ugly you need to wear a mask to go out in it! :? :? :?
Absolutely right Paul :lol: :lol:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
carpysmith
My Cars:

Post by carpysmith »

Hi there!
Lack of power could be maf sensor, had the same problem with my xant hdi recently, tried it with maf disconnected and it went like hell so put a new one one and problem solved (easy diagnosis, just disconnect it???)
Gotta be worth a go? not many of the old girls left now!!
Regards
Steve (aka carpysmith)
1999 Xantia 2.0hdi sx (estate)
Duke137

Post by Duke137 »

Of course it is a no-brainer but Joe public doesn't think like this, we live in a world where they think the best deals are ebay, confused.com, halfords we-fit and 'we buy any car.com'

:)
Chris570
(Donor 2020)

Post by Chris570 »

CitroJim wrote:
Peter.N. wrote:...or even a proper C5 :(
Or even a well-engineered and screwed together XM....
You can get those, I forget the name of the outlet but they sell the chequerboard paint, glass hammers, bronze magnets, left handed screwdrivers, inflatable dartboards, waterproof tea bags, spirit level bubbles, rubber nails and also a long weight.

Once you find that purveyor you'll find the perfectly crafted XM.
2006 C5 HDi 170
1998 Xantia Activa S1
1971 D Special
2006 C3 1.6 HDi SX,
CitroJim wrote: I'm a pink fairy
A 1/3 of Team WFA 'Clarkson'
Featch
My Cars:

Post by Featch »

citroenxm wrote:The Saab is only a Vectra in disguise,
Sorry I have to disagree. Having had the unfortunate experience of driving several Vectras and once, and once was enough, the even worse Insignia I have to say the only thing they have in common is Gm stamped on the brake calipers. Otherwise both my Saabs are far superior in every respect. The 95 has an Izuzu 3.0 TD and goes like stink and is a proper luxo mile muncher. The 900 has a GM 2.5 V6 but at 160000 miles it still drives better than many modern cars I've driven. I did a 500 mile round trip in the 95 at the weekend, 44mpg.... not bad for a 174hp V6! Allegedly Saab engineers redesigned a good proportion of the GM parts, totally ignoring the American bean counters which is probably why they no longer exist,,, it's a shame.

However, as much as I like the Saabs they're no XM or CX, the likes of which I fear we will never see again.

Put a battery in my son's zx at the weekend and it started first turn after being stood for over 12 months, he's returning to the fold after an unfortunate Ford interlude.
Citroenless at the moment. CX or GS that is my dilemma!
2011 Volvo V70 D3
85 Mercedes 805d Campervan (Betsy))