Pauls HDI Xantia Exclusive.

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

RichardW
Forum Treasurer

Re: Pauls HDI Xantia Exclusive. has PASSED her MOT!

Post by RichardW »

Paul

If you can't fix it, then there's not much hope for the rest of us....!!!

Now, the code you posted up might only be part of the fault code - what number is it, and what does Google say (apart from lots of rubbish!). I googled Bosch cutting out, and found this "How about air flow too high? The bosch system has a threshold at 1200 mg/r....this would only happen if you have a leak somewhere though" Maf sensor is one thing you haven't changed isn't it? Got a spare lying about you can try?

taffy

Post by taffy »

good point!

citroenxm

Post by citroenxm »

Just read a topic on a Relay 2.2 HDi dooing EXACTLEY the same thing as mine...

He fixed his. He found injectors playing up, and replaced a bad one .. So this week, Ill do a Lexia, and leak off level test.

I have a set of virtually new ones in a box been given me. Might just stick them in..

taffy

Post by taffy »

well that sounds a good plan mate :)

citroenxm

Post by citroenxm »

Got to spend a TINY bit of time on her, I have no choice but to tax her again for another 6 months. To have this issue sirted would be brill!

RichardW
Forum Treasurer

Post by RichardW »

I also found this:

"There are several fault conditions at which the ECU is programmed to shut down the engine. The most common cause of this is due to the fuel pressure demand not being met: If the fuel pressure measured is more than 250 Bar below the requested set point, the ECU will shut down and store a fault code (P0230).

This can happen when the fuel pump is worn out (usually on high mileage cars) or the injectors are leaking fuel through. Other conditions at which the engine will be shut down for 10 seconds are when the fuel pressure regulator duty cycle reaches 97% or if the fuel pressure drops at a rate of higher than 1000 bar per second. This causes a shut down as the ECU will think there is a fuel leak. "

You'd be pretty unlucky to have 2 duff sets of injectors Paul, but nothing's impossible! Hope you fix it soon!

citroenxm

Post by citroenxm »

I have to admit Richard, the Injectors I put in from the 90 had almost done 200k.

Ive got a set of 80 injectors in a box there. Ill do a leak off on the fitted ones and then swap them again.

Cheers Richard. VALUBLE info from yourself!!

taffy

Post by taffy »

well done!!! i really hope thats it mate!!!

RichardW
Forum Treasurer

Post by RichardW »

A set of lower mileage injectors can't do any harm Paul. If that doesn't cure it, post up the fault code and the detail page from Lexia and I'll do a bit more digging to see what comes up.

taffy

Post by taffy »

yea id say 200k ones could well be at the end of theyre life as i read they should be reconned at 100k...but like you say the leak off will show for sure :)

taffy

Post by taffy »

i hope your on it paul really want to hear some positive news for you! :)

citroenxm

Post by citroenxm »

Yea spent the morning on this, before going over to a customer to price a job. Took injectors out after a quick leak off test, No.2 was leaking off a bit more then the others. Ok I thought, must be it. Ive taken a idle quantity picture after one minute, and a fast idle quantity after 30 seconds. (<Upload to come>)

Heres pictures of the Live Data with the engine running, also the Error recived, I couldnt find the Error code any where

So, whipped the injectors out, and stuck in some apparently 80k injectors.. and to my suprise, NOTHING she didnt want to even start! No good.

Found a second set on the shed, put them in, she started but was missing on one of them, which one I dont know! It wouldnt clear, SO Out AGAIN!

Third set I whipped out of a 283k engine and stuck them in! Hey presto, started and ran nice and smoothly.

Heres the leak return from them:

<Video on its way, just uploading!>

They looked pretty good.

So put her all back together... and .........................................................

STILL THE SAME!!! :o :o :o :o :o

So, on my way home, I decided to take a video of the experiance, and this is exactley what happens! Tried the best angle to get the speedo and rev counter... The shudder is the engine stopping!

<Video on its way>

<Video on its way>

RichardW
Forum Treasurer

Post by RichardW »

Interesting Paul. No idea what it means, but interesting!

If you look at the first one you posted, the regulator OCR is 97% which ties in with the post I put up, that this would shut the engine down. So it appears that the fuel pressure is disappearing somewhere (or the ECU THINKS it is!) so it is shutting the engine down. Have you have the regulator out recently - has it got swarf on it? Not sure we have covered it, but when did you last change the fuel filter? I wonder if perhaps there is a high resistance between the pressure sensor and ECU that is fooling it? After that, I am struggling....!

citroenxm

Post by citroenxm »

Hi Richard,

I saw that 97% OCR, your knowledge of electronics is clearly better then mine, and you understand WHY she is shutting down

Im waiting for photo bucket to sort my video uploads out so I can post more videos up... never used to take so long ..

The fuel pump I swapped COMPLETE from a car that had NO issues!! I have recovered a COMPLETE engine harness incase thats my next step. Ill have to look into my HDi inside out manual I have that I got from the internet, THOUGH I do NOT have wiring diagrams for the HDi yet! Do you have any Richard?

Theres virtually NO leak off the current injectors that are fitted now! So it has to be electronic or something to assume pressure loss..

taffy

Post by taffy »

very interesting why the fpr is having to nearly close fullt to gain the pressure wen apparently the 3rd piston deactivator isnt activated....really paul u need to hook up the lexia to a customers car under the same condisions and see wat its saying...or if anyone else on here could share some pics it can be compared..i would if i could!
comon guys get ur lexias and cameras out!! :)