Fully Loaded C5, but no phone!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Re: Fully Loaded C5, but no phone!

Post by qprdude »

It is still possible that it is blacklisted of course. I found this:-

Mobile Phone Insurance Provider Change FAQs
Navigation menu
Mobile Phone Insurance Provider Change FAQs– 8th March 2013
Common questions

Where can I find my IMEI number?

Proof of purchase is no longer required – proof of ownership is via IMEI validation.

Where can I find my IMEI number? (Almost unique number of every phone). Apparently your phone can be blacklisted by a simple typo when it is entered on the database. Not very good news.

You can find this by referring to your proof of ownership, contacting your network provider or dialling *#06# on your device. We recommend you store your IMEI number and airtime provider’s contact details somewhere other than your phone in case you need to claim.
As you cant try dialing *#06#, because the phone doesn't work, you could try getting back to Virgin to see if they can read the number with your SIM in the car slot
Rick.

2013 Citroen DS 5 D/Sport
2007 Renault Clio Campus sport. 1.2l

Sometimes the change doesn't work.
sprout
My Cars:

Post by sprout »

qprdude wrote:It is still possible that it is blacklisted of course. I found this:-

Mobile Phone Insurance Provider Change FAQs
Navigation menu
Mobile Phone Insurance Provider Change FAQs– 8th March 2013
Common questions

Where can I find my IMEI number?

Proof of purchase is no longer required – proof of ownership is via IMEI validation.

Where can I find my IMEI number? (Almost unique number of every phone). Apparently your phone can be blacklisted by a simple typo when it is entered on the database. Not very good news.

You can find this by referring to your proof of ownership, contacting your network provider or dialling *#06# on your device. We recommend you store your IMEI number and airtime provider’s contact details somewhere other than your phone in case you need to claim.
As you cant try dialing *#06#, because the phone doesn't work, you could try getting back to Virgin to see if they can read the number with your SIM in the car slot
Interesting, and actually I think you can do the *#06# as I don't think that is network dependant as you are just trying to gain access to the phone?

Will try in a bit when the car returns home :-D

Where can you look up to see if your phone is blacklisted from the number obtained I wonder?
Current: C5 2008 2.0HDi Auto Exclusive (Ireland born) + VW Touareg V10
Previous Cits: CX2000, BX 1.9L, BX 16V, Xant VSX TD, Xant 2.0HDI (110) Exclusive
Some others: Fords1600E, Capri 3000GXL, Granada Scorpio, Mitubishi Starion Saab's 900, 900 Turbo, 9000 Aero, 2 Jeeps
sprout
My Cars:

Post by sprout »

It has given me the IMEI number.

I am still wondering about the network lock side as this was an Irish C5
Previous Cits: CX2000, BX 1.9L, BX 16V, Xant VSX TD, Xant 2.0HDI (110) Exclusive
Some others: Fords1600E, Capri 3000GXL, Granada Scorpio, Mitubishi Starion Saab's 900, 900 Turbo, 9000 Aero, 2 Jeeps
qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Post by qprdude »

Can't see how a Citroen carphone could possibly be locked to one network. You can put any 2G SIM into it because I've tried different providers and they work.

I reckon your provider is the only one who can access the IMEI blacklist data.
Rick.

sprout
My Cars:

Post by sprout »

qprdude wrote:Can't see how a Citroen carphone could possibly be locked to one network. You can put any 2G SIM into it because I've tried different providers and they work.

You may be correct.

You mention 2G sims, I have put in a 3G sim as already mentioned, but Virgin assure me it is backward compatible. i have full signal registering.

I am sure the last sim and time this phone was used was in Romania!

Thanks
qprdude

Post by qprdude »

sprout wrote:
qprdude wrote:Can't see how a Citroen carphone could possibly be locked to one network. You can put any 2G SIM into it because I've tried different providers and they work.

You may be correct.

You mention 2G sims, I have put in a 3G sim as already mentioned, but Virgin assure me it is backward compatible. i have full signal registering.

Thanks
Good news about the 3G being backward compatible although it contradicts what people have been saying on this forum. As time goes on, it would be pretty useless to have a car-phone with technology stuck at 2G. My own take on it is that the phone will be OK for future generation phone sim cards but they will only utilise 2G capabilities. (Which is OK for making and receiving calls)
Hmmm Romania. Sorry any Romanian members, but that along with Bulgaria and Albania, would be top of my list for a dodgy phone scam. Maybe if you give proof of ownership to Virgin. they could have the phone removed from any blacklist.

If you do get your C5 phone working, I can tell you that the sound is quite clear and it is easy to work. I'm told the sound is clear at the other end too with very little interference or distortion.
Rick.

sprout
My Cars:

Post by sprout »

qprdude wrote:
sprout wrote:

You may be correct.

Thanks
Good news about the 3G being backward compatible although it contradicts what people have been saying on this forum. As time goes on, it would be pretty useless to have a car-phone with technology stuck at 2G. My own take on it is that the phone will be OK for future generation phone sim cards but they will only utilise 2G capabilities. (Which is OK for making and receiving calls)
Hmmm Romania. Sorry any Romanian members, but that along with Bulgaria and Albania, would be top of my list for a dodgy phone scam. Maybe if you give proof of ownership to Virgin. they could have the phone removed from any blacklist.

If you do get your C5 phone working, I can tell you that the sound is quite clear and it is easy to work. I'm told the sound is clear at the other end too with very little interference or distortion.
Well I have a so called "2G" early Orange sim arriving on or Tues from the bay so will give that a try :)

Romania will have it's share of rogues as does the UK or anywhere else!

I think the chap concerned was straight and fair 8-)

Hopefully I will be able to report on the quality some time very soon :)
Thanks for your input
sprout
My Cars:

Post by sprout »

Update:

Had an orange sim arrive today that was suppose to be 2G. I am sure it is as the date was 1999 :shock:

Anyhow it activated fine in a mobile phone after talking with Orange, they gave me the number.

I tried ringing it and all was fine.

SADLY :( it does not register in the car.

It all seems so odd as thus far following trying a Virgin sim, a Vodafone and now an Orange the ONLY sim that comes up on the panel showing a signal is the Virgin sim??

Sadly the Virgin sim cannot make or receive calls as already mentioned above :?
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

Stop now, its causing you too much hassle m8...:)

I have my Samsung Galaxy in now via the cars speakers (with a remote microphone near me)...it also plays my music or connects to my MP3 player...no wire-spaghetti shows except two little tails (Power/aux plugs) by the phone mount as all run behind the dash trim. This is into a RD4 N1 unit as well. The CD changer also still works
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
sprout
My Cars:

Post by sprout »

Stickyfinger wrote:Stop now, its causing you too much hassle m8...:)

I have my Samsung Galaxy in now via the cars speakers (with a remote microphone near me)...it also plays my music or connects to my MP3 player...no wire-spaghetti shows except two little tails (Power/aux plugs) by the phone mount as all run behind the dash trim. This is into a RD4 N1 unit as well. The CD changer also still works
Ha Ha I think you could be right, however if something is supposed to work, I am like a dog with a bone 'till I get it to :-D

Glad you got a happy system 8-) remember, my model is a 2008>

Anyone live close with a sim working in theirs that would be happy to let me blow it up, sorry try it in mine :) would be wonderful :wink:
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

I know how you feel...I have to chase the reason for every yellow warning light....I even hate the low washer fluid level....a "Service" light on the dash for that....agggggggg.....but I cannot find it in me to bridge the contact :)

Does it not have an AUX plug ?
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
mooseshaver
My Cars:

Post by mooseshaver »

sprout wrote:

Ha Ha I think you could be right, however if something is supposed to work, I am like a dog with a bone 'till I get it to :-D

Anyone live close with a sim working in theirs that would be happy to let me blow it up, sorry try it in mine :) would be wonderful :wink:
I used a Tesco sim when I had a the built in phone nav thing. Cost me a pound.
A three one would not work
C5 III Tourer 2.0 HDi 163 Auto Exclusive
Gone cars.
C5 2.2 HDi Exclusive Estate auto 57. Awesome car. Sadly Could not be fixed by Citroen.
C5 1.6 HDi VTR Estate 56. Traded in.
C5 2.2 HDi SX Estate 02. Drowned in the floods of 09.
C3 1.4 HDi 92 SX 52.
Saxo 1.1 East Coast.
sprout
My Cars:

Post by sprout »

mooseshaver wrote:
sprout wrote:

How long ago was that?

Model: <2008 or >2008 C5

I'll have a hat full of sims in a minute :lol: but I guess I'll try a Tesco one :wink:

What network do Teco use? ah I guess I will google now
mooseshaver
My Cars:

Post by mooseshaver »

mooseshaver wrote:
sprout wrote:

sprout wrote:How long ago was that?

I'll have a hat full of sims in a minute :lol: but I guess I'll try a Tesco one :wink:

It was just over a year ago but was a 57 model. I believe it was the same device as yours.
The quality was miles better than the Bluetooth I have now
C5 III Tourer 2.0 HDi 163 Auto Exclusive
Gone cars.
C5 2.2 HDi Exclusive Estate auto 57. Awesome car. Sadly Could not be fixed by Citroen.
C5 1.6 HDi VTR Estate 56. Traded in.
C5 2.2 HDi SX Estate 02. Drowned in the floods of 09.
C3 1.4 HDi 92 SX 52.
Saxo 1.1 East Coast.
sprout
My Cars:

Post by sprout »

sprout wrote:How long ago was that?

It was just over a year ago but was a 57 model. I believe it was the same device as yours.
The quality was miles better than the Bluetooth I have now[/quote]

Well I do hope to hear the quality, eventually :rofl2:

Having tried many things now I stumbled upon this which seems strange :shock: :shock:

Hold down the green telephone button down and after several seconds a message comes up on the screen saying "CHEAT CODE" and is waiting for a number.
WHAT is this???