Tuning Pointless?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

BonceChops
My Cars:

Post by BonceChops »

There is not that much between the 1769 and 1905 engines cc wise - it might just be the fueling and injectors that are different.
DLM
My Cars:

Post by DLM »

I always though that the performance advantages of the 1.7TD in a BX were to do with power vs. weight ratios. Not sure what difference there is in weight between 1.9 and 1.7 lumps (if any), or whether a 1.9TD ZX is notably heavier/lighter than a BX. Better check my BX manuals....
David
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

BX is in fact about 250 kg (quarter of a tonne) lighter than a Xantia in TD form and actually about 50 kg lighter than a ZX.
jeremy
pete woods
My Cars:

Post by pete woods »

So is there an easy tweak to release extra power from a 1.9 TD while still keeping it reliable?
By easy I mean without changing anything major like the intercooler.
What did you do to yours BonceChops?
BonceChops
My Cars:

Post by BonceChops »

BonceChops
My Cars:

Post by BonceChops »

NiSk
My Cars:

Post by NiSk »

Hmmm - what about the ZX diesel automatic and the XM D then?<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by RichardW</i>

All TD units fitted to Citroen (cars) are intercooled*. Both the 1769cc (fitted only to the BX) and the 1905cc (Xantia, Xsara, ZX) produce around 90 BHP, with the 1905 unit making slightly more torque - oh and using a shed load more fuel[:(!] It should be easy then to squeeze another 8 horses out of the 1905 unit to get to the same specific power ouput as the 1769. Don't know why PSA made it the same power output (something to do with fitting in with the power bands that all manufacturers seem to stick to I expect!)
They definitely don't have turbos and I'm quite sure that if you looked a bit deeper you'd find even more.
//NiSk
RichardW
* There is an exception - the later Xantia 1.9D was badged 1.9SD and used a low blow turbo without an intercooler.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">