Wiring Citroen HY Van

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

coastline taxis

Re: Wiring Citroen HY Van

Post by coastline taxis »

Hi forgot to say if your using firefox then you might have to alter your setting to get the file down
stropalot

Post by stropalot »

Thank you for all the help and links, will be putting them to good use as soon as it stops raining, cant wait to get it running :-D
BarDeCru
New User

Post by BarDeCru »

Hi Guys, I am currently rebuilding a HY Van, got to the point where I need to do all of the wiring and could really do with some pointers. Does any one know where I can get a copy of the wiring diagram that has been talked about? I reckon it might be a good place to start!

Thanks.
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

BarDeCru wrote:Hi Guys, I am currently rebuilding a HY Van, got to the point where I need to do all of the wiring and could really do with some pointers. Does any one know where I can get a copy of the wiring diagram that has been talked about? I reckon it might be a good place to start!

Thanks.

were are you located
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years
jonnyutar

Post by jonnyutar »

Hi there, found this post as i have a wiring problem with an H van that i'm in the process of resurrecting, looks like the original wiring has been played with at some point and myself and a mechanic colleague are attempting to put things back in a working format, any information on a general wiring diagram would be a fantastic help, not sure if some of the original links in this forum are still working as i couldn't follow them, fyi the van is a 1970 standard length diesel engine ( fantastically noisy! )
cheers Jonny
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

jonnyutar wrote:Hi there, found this post as i have a wiring problem with an H van that i'm in the process of resurrecting, looks like the original wiring has been played with at some point and myself and a mechanic colleague are attempting to put things back in a working format, any information on a general wiring diagram would be a fantastic help, not sure if some of the original links in this forum are still working as i couldn't follow them, fyi the van is a 1970 standard length diesel engine ( fantastically noisy! )
cheers Jonny
hi and welcome Jonny

were are you located
as im in the processes of MOT'ing my friends 1978 H van in St Leonards on sea,
Regards, malcolm.

jonnyutar

Post by jonnyutar »

Hi there,Citronut, thanks for taking the time to have a read of my problem, I'm located in Haywards Heath, but the van currently resides in a friends garage in Mayfield, East Sussex, I think the wiring is the last thing i need doing before i go for the MOT, as we are almost there with everything else so any help appreciated, cheers
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

im sure my friend wont mind you dropping by one day to look at the wiring if you felt the urge

i went to Lingfield yesterday ( so probably pass near your H ) in my quest to re/instate a 1971 DS 21 Palles injection,

she'z bin off the road since 88,
Regards, malcolm.

jonnyutar

Post by jonnyutar »

Hey thanks that's great, my mechanic mate said he was going to have a go but really needed a wiring diagram if he was to make a decent hash of it. I don't really want to inconvenience anybody but any help is much appreciated, i'm usually around at the weekends but could take a morning or an afternoon off if we could arrange it in advance, I haven't spoken to my mate for about 5 days, so let me give him a call now to check if anything has changed, and then we can get something more concrete arranged, cheers,