Eolys?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

DynamicEnigma
My Cars: C4 Grand Picasso 1.6 hdi

Re: Eolys?

Post by DynamicEnigma »

Hello everyone,

I have recently brought a 2007 C4GP and found that the Eolys pouch was leaking, I've replaced the pouch and also reset the system with diagbox and the Pompe_Mux system says that the soft bag is full. However in the engine ECU it says that I have 98g of ash and also 581ml of additive left, but I have added a new full Pouch and the additive system says it has 2400ml left and is full. At the bottom of the data list is also says something like additive system fault : unable to add additive. I have tested the pump and I can hear it working when commanded by diagbox. I have a feeling something is wrong and additive isn't getting into the tank, or the engine ECU isn't commanding pump. Anyone ever come across this?

Thanks, Mark.
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

On some models you need to also reset the additive level in the injection system too, check & see if there is an option to do this under pack repair menu.
DynamicEnigma
My Cars: C4 Grand Picasso 1.6 hdi

Post by DynamicEnigma »

Hi, I have also done that too, it seems to leave the engine ECU menus and goes back to the Pompe_Mux part of the ECU, it's my understanding that the additive system and engine ECU are one and the same on this model, I know that on some models the additive ECU is separate, I belive it's call Addgo3 or something along those lines.

Mark.
sadssandiford
My Cars: 2010 C3 Picasso 1.6hdi Exclusive 121k miles

Post by sadssandiford »

I have a 1.6hdi C3 picasso that has a 1.1L Powerflex pouch!
Does anyone know how many miles this is supposed to last as my car has 120k on the clock.
OptimusPauli
My Cars: C4 grand Picasso 2012

Post by OptimusPauli »

Hi guys,
The ‘Particulate filter additive level low - engine repair needed’ warning came up on my Citroen C4 Grand Picasso 1.6HDI 2012 (96000 miles) just after filling up today with diesel.

I guess I need to top up the additive for it but I’m not sure what type of additive and how much does it go in.

My VIN:VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

I have don’t have LEXIA can I get one off eBay or somewhere?

Many thanks for any help.

Paul
Smiffington
My Cars: Citroen C4 1.6 HDI

Post by Smiffington »

Hello all
Navigated here as I have the Particulate Filter Additive level low come up this week. After a couple of hours searching this seems to be the only site that may answer the question of what Pat fluid is required.
The process of refilling appears to be straight forward ref utube videos. but the info is not there for the eolys type.
also is there any other way to reset the ECU except via the Lexia I have not seen one mentioned.

My VIN: VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

Please can you help [-o< Thank you
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

For your RPO (build date) of 13112, Citroen recommend Powerflex (Blue). You have a hard reservoir and not a pouch system, so need a filling kit.

The Engine ECU additive counter must be reset and there is no other way to do this apart from suitable Diagnostic equipment like Diagbox or something with equivalent capabilities.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Smiffington

Post by Smiffington »

Hi
Thank you Marc - for that is that a 4.5 litre refill another bit of info that is difficult to find.
All I have is a Bluetooth error reader which will not do the ecu reset as far as I can see. What are people thoughts on the cheap diagboxs on ebay (look to good to be true as some of the prices (probably illegal software by the looks of the installation guide I have read))
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

No, you use either 1L bottles or a 3L kit. Top up a minimum of 1L, but as this stuff cannot be kept once opened, I suggest you stick with 2 x 1L bottles. 3L kits are usually only used when the tank is replaced and the system is completely empty.

A generic code reader won't cut it and sometimes there can even be issues with clone kits and yes there is no official support as the software supplied with these kits is not official.

Configuring Diagbox on a suitable laptop can be a nightmare and there is no guarantee it will work as has happened to many here. There are so many factors involved (software version , interface kits / Quality of Interface and Hardware / Communication Issues etc. etc.)

So my advice would be either let the dealer do the whole operation, or you can ask them to do the reset for you only where you either fill it yourself or supply them with the additive if you can source it cheaper.

Or finally you could have a look for a member with a kit and see if they can help you reset it after you have filled it up. Details of members with Lexia kits below:

Please refer to the link below for a list of Forum Members who have offered their services for Diagnostics.

At the end of the list is a link to a Google Map, showing the members' geographic locations and details. Just use the Private Message or Email links on the member's profile to contact anyone suitable.

List of Lexia / Diagbox Owners with Kits Offering Help

Bear in mind, although we update the list as often as we can, not all members are active on the Forum all the time, so it may take a while for a reply.

Marc
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

Smiffington wrote: 05 Nov 2021, 13:19 Hello all
Navigated here as I have the Particulate Filter Additive level low come up this week. After a couple of hours searching this seems to be the only site that may answer the question of what Pat fluid is required.
The process of refilling appears to be straight forward ref utube videos. but the info is not there for the eolys type.
also is there any other way to reset the ECU except via the Lexia I have not seen one mentioned.

My VIN: VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

Please can you help [-o< Thank you
You should be aware that this vehicle has an outstanding safety recall campaign listed for it, I would contact a Citroen dealer with your vehicle details anyway for this to be done which of course is free of charge.
Smiffington

Post by Smiffington »

"outstanding safety recall campaign listed for it"
Thank you Wheeler I was going to contact Citroen regarding the eolys so can book in then.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

It's an after-sales campaign, so may be a minor issue. Often these can be software updates or can even involve injector replacements! But it won't cost you which is the good thing.

Marc
Bhan
My Cars: Citroen C4 Grand Picasso

P Filter Level Low

Post by Bhan »

Good Evening All,

Today I had the message on the screen about the p filter level low. How do I find out which fluid I need and is it something I can do myself as this close to xmas is an expense I could do without.

Many thanks and apologies if this is yet another thread about the fluids. I have had a squiz online and its a roll of PAT, Eolys or the eye lashes of a great white..and knowing citroen, i wouldnt be surprised if a fishing trip is on the cards.

TIA
Ben
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: P Filter Level Low

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I think you've got a bit mixed up - the particle filter can't be low! I think you mean the Additive Level is low.

Particle Filters get clogged
Additive Tanks need refilling

We'll need your VIN to determine the build date which determines the additive type and whether it is a pouch based system or a hard tank.

Although you may be able to purchase the additive and fill it yourself after removing the heat shields and getting the car up high enough to get access, you'll still need to reset the additive counter in the ECU. that has to be done with a proper diagnostic tool.

Marc
Bhan
My Cars: Citroen C4 Grand Picasso

Post by Bhan »

Hi @GiveMeABreak
thank you os much for your reply. I doubled checked and its saying the p fluid level is low. I have got the VIN which is below

VIN : VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

cheers,
Ben