C4 By Loeb - Opinions!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Which would you go for?

Poll ended at 31 Oct 2012, 20:16

Red with White, 2007 Pre-Facelift - Stick.
88%
Black with Black, 2010 Facelift - Change.
13%

Total votes: 8

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: C4 By Loeb - Opinions!

Post by CitroJim »

Good stuff Franklin :-D You know it makes sense :wink: =D>
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

Citroening wrote: Hmm...Think I will stick to what I have, although unless the Black one makes a BIG impression on me I might be tempted - however I doubt it... The money saved can be "invested" in a few tasteful mods to the red one... :twisted: :wink:
I'm glad we could have been of help! No, seriously, a good decision I think 8-)
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
Citroening
My Cars: Various Makes/Models Nowadays...

Post by Citroening »

Well the Black Loeb got back yesterday evening - a bit longer than originally anticipated however DVLA were up to their old tricks again with the V5 as it had a private plate on it.

Here's a few pictures of it next to my Red Loeb:

Citroening wrote:Hmm...Think I will stick to what I have, although unless the Black one makes a BIG impression on me I might be tempted - however I doubt it... The money saved can be "invested" in a few tasteful mods to the red one... :twisted: :wink:
As mentioned previously unless it made a good impression on me I wouldn't be tempted. However, it has... :lol: :roll:

I've decided to go for the Black Loeb as it's just got so many benefits over the Red Loeb that I currently have for a small difference in price. The Red Loeb is still a fantastic car and driving it again today demonstrated that - I still really do like the car. 8-)

I've already sort of outlined the benefits such as the 1 Lady Owner, lower mileage, etc etc however what swung it for me was the engine. I mentioned that it's got the newer 1.6 16v engine and wow oh wow is it better! :o :shock: Noticeably quieter when cruising and idling however has much better power down low, and a much nicer induction sound too. The difference in performance is chalk and cheese.

I wasn't sure about moving to the Black car however having seen it in the flesh and experienced it, I've made my mind up. I was in two minds about the interior, however I like it. The whole car just seems so much more modern...

Went to ring the insurers up but their offices were closed earlier - have to sort it out next week...

Anyone want to buy a C4 Loeb in Sport Red then...? :wink:
Franklin
andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

I could forsee the love for the black wun would happen! :lol:
FWIW - I still really can't get on with black wheels as they look completely invisible!!
Nothing moves you like a Citroën
bxzx16v
My Cars: Past Frenchies , 4xBx16v,1xBxGti,1xBxTzd,2xZx Volcanes,1xZx reflex,1xPug 405mi16, 3x Xantia 1.9td's,1x Xantia activa, 2x Renault 25 V6 turbo, 1 Zx16v ,1 Pug 406 V6 coupe ,1x C8 , 1x Berlingo van , 1x Xanti 2.1td , 1x Renault Laguna 3

Post by bxzx16v »

That black loeb looks very nice Franklin in a Darth Vader sort of way :twisted:

Mark
2009 Landrover Freelander 2 TD4se (killed an Audi) , sadly now gone .
2012 Landrover Freelander 2 SD4 AUTO Love it . Now gone .
2014 Ford Bmax 1.0 Ecoboost Zetec . Fantastic little machine .Gone now.
2014 Ford Focus 2.0 Tdci Zetec S with the French heart.
andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

Citroening wrote:Image

:shock: So the suspension is so rigid that when it's parked on even a slight slope on the
road the opposite x3 wheels will hold the last one square off the floor? Pal's 205 1.6 GTi
does this too and can rock diagonally along the length the car where the wheels lift of the
floor when it's even just parking!

Anyhow...

so worth 20 minutes with a jack and a 19mm socket! That's better.
Deanxm
My Cars: Citroen XM

Post by Deanxm »

With crystal rear light units and silver wheels to match them and the headlamps and mirror detail it would look very nice, like the red one does lol.
Hope the insurers are kind to you franklin!

EDIT Andrew was thinking along the same lines too, they both look better with the wheels swaped imo

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92
Talbot Express Autotrail Chinook 89
Mitsubishi L200 Trojan 14
Xantia Activa 95, sold (missed)

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............
Citroening

Post by Citroening »

andmcit wrote: :shock: So the suspension is so rigid that when it's parked on even a slight slope on the
road the opposite x3 wheels will hold the last one square off the floor?
:lol: When I was taking the pictures Andrew I saw that too, however rest assured it's just on the edge of a very uneven bit of tarmac...
andmcit wrote:so worth 20 minutes with a jack and a 19mm socket! That's better.
Great bit of work there Andrew! 8-) I must say the Red C4 looks great with those wheels on it. Reminds me of Jon M's C4 VTS Loeb that had Black 18" Multi spoked Alloys... Unfortunately I can't say the same about the Black with older white alloys... :x
Deanxm wrote:With crystal rear light units and silver wheels to match them and the headlamps and mirror detail it would look very nice, like the red one does lol.
Hope the insurers are kind to you franklin!
So do I...! :lol: :roll: They should be alright, basically the same car just a bit newer. Think they're in the same insurance group too however shouldn't take anything for granted with insurers...! :lol: It'll give a nice scope to modify it if and when I do (if I do it will be when this policy is done).

Edit - Here's Jon's old C4: http://images107.fotki.com/v71/photos/7 ... s34-vi.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and http://images61.fotki.com/v53/photos/7/ ... s12-vi.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Franklin
Citroenmad
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

I spotted a By Loeb today, even thrashing along at Activa speeds it got my attention as it was waiting to come out of a juntcion. A great looking car. The black one looks nice, but I still prefer the red. What other car is in that bright Sport Red colour with white wheels? Very few, it stands out. The black on black blends in, I wonder if that is why the decals were thrown into the mix!

A better engine is a better engine though, so maybe that is enough reason to change. :)
Chris
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

How about DS3R wheels? ;)

Lighty
My Cars:

Post by Lighty »

I think they both look great, good choices, its a shame they don't make a 2.0 Turbo petrol one.
http://www.marklightfootltd.co.uk
Dacia Duster 1.5 dci
Renault Twizy Technic
Citroen C15
Citroen Ami
Citroenmad
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

Actually, I would be keeping the wheels like the bottom picture. The black one looks so much better with white wheels and the red looks good on the black wheels too. If you sell the red with its original wheels, I would be very tempted to get hold of another set of those and get them redone in white again.
Chris
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

wheels aren't so invisible or anonymous now? :twisted:
Citroening

Post by Citroening »

Good 'shopping again Andrew! 8-) DS3R wheels were a good thought! :lol:

The pre-facelift C4 Loeb that was in black had silver wheels - http://farm2.staticflickr.com/1342/7697 ... f0ed54.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I must say that I have to heartily disagree with the Black Loeb with White Wheels. It might be me but they are older wheels on a newer car and it just doesn't look right IMO. If I was going to go for white wheels it'd be 18" multi-spoken like this one:

http://c4owners.org/plugins/forum/forum ... ost_134253" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Citroenmad wrote:A better engine is a better engine though, so maybe that is enough reason to change. :)
Oh it's a far far superior engine IMO Chris. One thing that I dislike about the Red Loeb is performance (or lack of...) down low - once wound up and kept in the right rev range it is good fun though. :wink: The difference between the two IMO is quite amazing. I've just had a quick Google and apparently this engine is called the EP6 (older engine is the TU5) and is the BMW/PSA engine also used in the Bini Cooper and some Pugs...
andmcit wrote:wheels aren't so invisible or anonymous now? :twisted:
:lol: Very good Andrew!
Franklin
Citroenmad
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

Whats the power of the black one Franklin?
Chris
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10