Lexia cable pins. Are these faulty? PIC LINKS ADDED

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Mandrake
My Cars:

Re: Lexia cable pins. Are these faulty? PIC LINKS ADDED

Post by Mandrake »

I already had a Dropbox account, and have a folder within the Public folder called forum attachments that I put images in to remind me why the images are there and not to delete them! :)

Anything within the Public folder you can right click and choose copy public link to get a URL to the raw image. The format of the URL is such that people can't look at it and figure out the URL's of other files in the same folder as they look semi randomised.

There are a ton of different image sharing sites but one reason I use Dropbox apart from already having an account is that I can easily upload photos taken on my iPhone or iPad to Dropbox directly from the device for later linking within a post.

The image of the connector I took with an iPad, used an app called iResize to scale it down to 800 wide, then uploaded it with the Dropbox app, then later linked to it while writing the actual post on a PC. Much faster than using my point and shoot, transferring to a PC by cable, scaling, uploading etc, and the camera of an iPad 3 is more than good enough if there is enough light. :)
Simon

1997 Xantia S1 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive in Silex Grey
2016 Nissan Leaf Tekna 30kWh in White

2011 Peugeot Ion Full Electric in Silver
1977 G Special 1129cc LHD
1978 CX 2400
1997 Xantia S1 2.0i Auto VSX
1998 Xantia S2 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive
nickyg
My Cars:

Post by nickyg »

I too have been using Dropbox for a few years, and for most of that time had a prominent "public" folder that sat empty.

From what I can see now, if you drag the images you desire to that folder for using/linking in forums etc it will ensure full compatability with bbcode, img tags etc. Not tried it, but that's what I take from looking at it. If so, it would be a nice, useful feature.

I echo Mandrakes logic. If you have a Dropbox account and camera uploads automatically syncing etc, then using the public folder would be a natural progression for moving your desired images for forum/public viewing. I certainly will be availing of it more often from now on! Thanks, Mandrake, for pointing me towards it.

Imgur is also excellent, I sometimes use the desktop chrome browser add on. Quite handy.
Ben82
My Cars: C5 V6 2004

Post by Ben82 »

Certainly nothing wrong with Dropbox, have an account myself, and use it for Syncing photos, videos etc. Would trust it more with my photo collection over imgur (not to mention DB makes mass uploading a lot easier :) )

I could potentially use the Dropbox app on my iPhone for certain things, however I already use the Camera sync feature of DB.. it obviously just doesn't know which ones I would want to make publicly available, and put them in the right place.

Where imgur shines is certainly for screenshots (lexia etc)... you don't even need to save a file, just use print screen (or I use the Windows Snipping Tools to capture an area and copy it to the clipboard), and then do CTRL+V on the imgur site, and follow the same process.

Horses for courses really, I would still use DB for the videos I post up (hopefully might not need to anymore :D) or Youtube if I need to edit it.

Steering the topic slight back on track...... nickyg, it might be worth noting that at some point a floater lexia will hopefully be available (something that Jim is sorting out), where you pay a certain deposit to Jim, he sends it out to you, you return it and he returns the deposit, so would be great for one off uses for those who don't want to invest in having a permanent unit to use, or for a try-before-you buy kind of thing.
2004 Citroen C5 3L V6 Auto
Brit living in Sweden with an imported from Germany French Car!
nickyg
My Cars:

Post by nickyg »

Hello again everyone. Just an update on this.

I left the C6 in with the dealership to have a fixed price aircon regas, and £195 fixed price full service. There were software updates pending and I wanted a confirmation of my own examination of which bushings need looked at. I killed further birds with the one stone by having them print out their lexia /proxia session.

The layout is different from my clone but, suffice to say, I have an answer. No communication with multifunction screen! My lexia is okay, though rt3 issue now needs looked at!

Where might I start in order to address this? I need to get in and change a few things with lexia, so would really like to get it communicating. It is functioning fine, btw.

Thanks again!

PS. Apologies to those who read this earlier, I posted on my mobile and prediction keyboard made the first paragraph seem rather peculiar! Fixed now.