Calling xantia experts, a few technical faults - MOT'd :-)

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Duke137

Re: Calling xantia experts, a few technical faults :(

Post by Duke137 »

Thread Revival!

Has it been nearly 6 months... :shock:

Ok, stuck the Xantia in for an MOT last week having not addressed any of the issues I posted on this thread and obviously It failed! :)

Failed on a whole load of stuff including needing new suspension and brake solid lines (corrosion). So finally took the opportunity to replace the pesky (knackered) old front sphere and rear anti-sink sphere and replaced all the corroded lines etc. Also replaced both upper control arm bushes and one outer ball joint which was also shot. A pair of new handbrake cables and rear tyres were also installed and hey presto I have another 12 months ticket!

Just got to treat it to a years road fund licence and pay my mate for the trouble and its another years wafting ahead of me 8-)

It's cost me about £600 (inc a years tax) this month but thats cheaper than scrapping it and find another good eco family car with 12 months T&T to replace it with so for me a no-brainer.
Mandrake
My Cars:

Re: Calling xantia experts, a few technical faults - MOT'd :

Post by Mandrake »

Edit: Ignore my post, I was replying to a 6 month old post without reading the ones after it! :oops:
Simon

1997 Xantia S1 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive in Silex Grey
2016 Nissan Leaf Tekna 30kWh in White

2011 Peugeot Ion Full Electric in Silver
1977 G Special 1129cc LHD
1978 CX 2400
1997 Xantia S1 2.0i Auto VSX
1998 Xantia S2 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Duke137 wrote: It's cost me about £600 (inc a years tax) this month but thats cheaper than scrapping it and find another good eco family car with 12 months T&T to replace it with so for me a no-brainer.
And that is both good value and sound good sense. Well done!

Always better the devil you know...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

lurchy666 wrote:this is the sort of thing i use for my spheres only mine is bigger and a hell of a lot older
how did you get that or larger up around the A/C sphere, theres no room to swing a mouse let alone a cat :shock: :-D :wink: ,

i also cant picture how you hitched a landrover to this sphere :o :twisted: :wink:
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years
Duke137

Post by Duke137 »

CitroJim wrote:
Duke137 wrote: It's cost me about £600 (inc a years tax) this month but thats cheaper than scrapping it and find another good eco family car with 12 months T&T to replace it with so for me a no-brainer.
And that is both good value and sound good sense. Well done!

Always better the devil you know...
For sure!

It's a nice old bus really. Bit tatty round the edges but what you gonna do :)