XANTIA BLOWER WORKING INTERMITTENTLY

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: XANTIA BLOWER WORKING INTERMITTENTLY

Post by CitroJim »

Malcolm, excellent! Delighted this thread has helped you resolve a problem :D
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
daviemck2006
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: Far too many good ones to remember. Many BL, Vauxhall, Ford, Renault, Citroen, Peugeot, and now VAG

Post by daviemck2006 »

Gabbys heating fan has been playing up a little, and refused to work at all tonight. A swift thump restored normal operation, so its likely the big brown plug is the culprit. I shall investigate in daylight.
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Citroen relay camper 2012
In the family
Seat Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2019 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

Uggg.....my slider has decided not to go over to demist again....I fear a new cable will be needed this time (and some platers for my scratched hands)
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
aneesh84
My Cars:

Post by aneesh84 »

CitroJim wrote: 28 Sep 2012, 16:24 Stewart, being a late S2, most of the common problems suffered by S1 Xantias in this respect do not apply :)

A quick test. Does the blower start up if you 'jiggle' the blower speed control slider around the @AUTO' position? Sometimes it's just bad contacts on the blower slider.

Another very likely one is a bad connection where the 4-way brown plug plugs into the blower unit. The high current flow can cause the contacts to heat up and loose temper. Try disconnecting the plug and re-connecting it.

Do you have access to a multi-meter to assist in measuring voltages around the blower?
My Xantia blower sometimes stops working and I feel the most likely cause is bad contact at the 4 way brown plug. What is the best way to fix it? are these plugs available?
Xantia Estate 1999 2.0 HDI 110
C5 2005 2.0 HDI 138
Nissan Leaf 2018 40Kwh