How quick should it be???

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

benj
My Cars:

Post by benj »

there is this one:-
too much tho for the milage!!!!
92(J) CITROEN ZX Volcane 1.9 Litre engine,
5 door, Hatchback, Graphite Metalic, 103368 miles, ABS Brakes, Sunroof, Air Conditioning, Alloy Wheels, Central Locking, Leather Upholstery, Power Steering, Mileage Verified, Title Check, Electric Windows, Body Colour Bumpers, Rear Spoiler, Tinted Windows. £1495.
adrianeaton
My Cars:

Post by adrianeaton »

Sounds like a trader's ad to me?
Agreed it's way overpriced with average mileage - probably worth £750 with a full MOT, and even then only to someone who really wants it.
That's my fav colour for the ZX too - shows dents and scratches though so needs to be mint. Unusual colour for a 1.9 (mainly red or white?) - much more common on the 2.0 - lusted after a K-plate down the road from our old flat whenever I walked past - then I saw the old biddie who owned it reversing off the drive.....hate to think how many clutches she's gone through with it [:p][;)]
Adrian
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

there are quite often volcanes on ebay, couple on there at the moment, just search for zx and then choose Automotive from the category list on the left. Get some 1.9's and most cars on there the owners are willing for you to go take a look before bidding
for example
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... gory=18174
although bit high as theres a 2 litre on there for only £350 atm and most go for ~500
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

http://www.findit.co.uk/cars/citroen/zx/838356.htm
one just down the road from me ben
Did some of the 1.9i's come with cats like the 205's or were they all non-cat then went to the 2 litre?
adrianeaton
My Cars:

Post by adrianeaton »

all 1.9's should be non-cat for the UK market. The cat's were introduced with the 2.0 in from 1/1/1993 as it was an existing type approval.
Always worth a look underneath, just to be on the safe side (speaking from my BX buying experience!!)
Adrian
benj
My Cars:

Post by benj »

they did do a 1.9 cat, like adrian says i dont think there are any on the uk market? does anybody else know?
heres an article
Volcane 1.9i
1 905 ccm, 8 valves
130 hp / 6 000 rpm
170 Nm / 4 000 rpm
weight 1050 kg
Volcane 1.9i (kat)
1 905 ccm, 8 valves
122 hp / 6 000 rpm
150 Nm / 3 000 rpm
weight 1050 kg
Volcane 2.0i (kat only)
1 998 ccm, 8 valves
123 hp / 5 750 rpm
176 Nm / 2 750 rpm
weight 1065 kg
btw has anybody seen this webpage before?
very intresting, got some visa's there Darren!
http://www.kolumbus.fi/j.k.ojala/citsport/
regarding the green 16v i have, the scrapper is coming to pick up the shell tomorrow, the shell still has some bits on such as
dash, rear suspension, petrol tank windows, carpet , gear linkage, rear lights etc, so if anbody wants anything say quickly!!
benj
My Cars:

Post by benj »

hhe
look at the XANTIA TURBO 4x4 RALLYCROSS !!!!!!!!!
nice
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

Yer I mirrored that site to my PC about 3 years ago but ta anyway :) The figures they have for the zx 16v are totally wrong, Visa ones are correct. Ive seen one of the rare german market only GT Tonics, ironically in a village in france as I was waiting for my GTi to be fixed. Long story, going to lemans, "bit" too quick over a railway crossing, left car in french garage for 5 days to have new rear suspension as i broke both lower spring mounts! :D Friends went on and came back for me once unloaded.
I need a ZX rallycross, i mean 500-550bhp? please?
Dont need any of those bits but ta. Regarding the scrapping, is it still moveable atm or does it have no front suspension? If so do they just drag it up onto their truck and how much are they charging? When ive scrapped Visa's here ive paid £10-15 for someone to come and pick up the shell but they have always been mobile. Would make it far easier for another one I need to scrap if it didnt have to be mobile
Darren
benj
My Cars:

Post by benj »

i paid 25 quid for bascially a bare non rolloing shell and for another car, a bm 320 complete but with no wheels that someone dumped on my land, it was complete but a load of rubbish, i got a nice m-tec spoiler off it in grey tho if anyone wnats one!
i really dont know wot to do with my 16v, could do a lot with it regarding throttle bodies and gti-6 gearbox, but i have my cos and fiesta rs turbo to think about too! then i need an everday car cos the metro is just to small! thats why im thinking volane
regarding these electric windo thingys ive got the complete kit for both sides, including motors, is this what u want? all the little plastic thingys are intact
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

ta. I need more space for project cars :) Just spent the weekend watching a Hillclimb at Longleat House down near Salisbury. Must get my Visa going again soon as im getting such pent up rage from not competing although saying that the times some of the cars in my class did were quite obscene. Theres a 205 mi16 that does sprints/hillclimbs in the west country thats been so gutted and drilled out it only weights about 640kg and it has 198bhp at the wheels! 229 at the flywheel.
Problem with the 6 speed box will be the steering lock. The lock, or lack of in my zx is already hilariuos, i dread to think how bad it would be with another gear on the end as thats basically what the 6 speed is. The 306 has appaling left lock with it but in normal driving it wouldnt be a problem i guess.
yer motors and cable which includes the stupid bit that slides up and down the post and goes through the glass
cheers
benj
My Cars:

Post by benj »

hi,
just got back on a pc, and havent sent the stuff off yet but will do today just need a box and a visit to the post office¬
sorry about the wait!