ACTIVA NOSEDIVE

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Re: ACTIVA NOSEDIVE

Post by RichardW »

Mandrake wrote:That's the theory, it worked on my previous Xantia, but not this one.
Pressure should still be there if you haven't put it in low - the front will still be up after all... But hey, these are Citroens 8-) I had this trouble when I did my orignal one, had had it in low, both rear wheels off the floor, pressurised it up and front came up, but was mightly confused that there was no rear brake (and ergo suspension) pressure until I dropped it down and got one wheel on the floor, and then let it rise up :?
Mandrake wrote:however not an issue if you squeeze them back via the pads as I described
Oooops, missed that bit #-o
Mandrake wrote:that doesn't necessarily mean that the brakes wont work more than adequately after freeing the pistons and bleeding etc
Indeed - that's what I did on mine. Then drove it for another 3 years before I finally had to do something about it.
Mandrake wrote:the callipers on my V6 are hideously out of alignment, one nearly touching the disc
Happy days then - mine were touching the discs for most of the 85k I had it before I finally gave in and did them [-X they were so bad I had to drift them out from behind the discs with a big hammer :oops:
Richard W
chrisjvm

Post by chrisjvm »

In conclusion...
Thank you to everyone who contributed to this post.

Regards

Chris
'96 Volvo 855 T5 auto
'97 Xantia Activa
'89 VW T25 Westfalia California
'89 VW LT Westfalia Florida
davoxx
(Donor 2020)

Post by davoxx »

So what worked? :)
why?