Xantia suspension height firmness after fluid loss

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

That's a plug for cars with an oil temp sensor in the sump; your car will have a capscrew instead.

See the black block which the accumulator sphere screws into? That's the regulator assembly. On the radiator face of it, there are two 10m,m head bolts, and a 12mm head bolt with slightly thicker-than-normal looking head. It's your bleed screw.

If I'm reading right, our man in France opened this screw right out, and has presumably lost the bits behind - hence his hydraulic system feels firm as it barely is sustaining enough pressure to brake.
Old-Guy
My Cars: 2011 Grand C4 Picasso VTR+ 1.6HDi in Kyanos Blue
1995 Xantia Estate SX 1.9TD in Vert Vega "The Green Lady" - now owned by XanTom
1998 Xantia 2.1 VXD Estate in Mauritius Blue - R.I.P. (terminal tin-worm)

Re: Xantia suspension height firmness after fluid loss

Post by Old-Guy »

The accumulator sphere is low down on the front engine/gearbox. The regulator is the metal block bolted to the gearbox/clutch bell-housing. The bleed screw is the 12mm head on the front of the regulator.

To high-light what Addo wrote: DO NOT UNDO MORE THAN 2 REVOLUTIONS - one-and-a-half is more than enough. When you do it up, just nip it up - if you get brutal you'll damage the valve seating.
2011 Grand C4 Picasso VTR+ 1.6HDi in Kyanos Blue
1995 Xantia Estate SX 1.9TD in Vert Vega "The Green Lady" - after 11 years now owned by XanTom
1998 Xantia 2.1 VXD Estate in Mauritius Blue - R.I.P. (terminal tin-worm)
charentejohn
My Cars:

Re: Xantia suspension height firmness after fluid loss

Post by charentejohn »

I undid mine about 1 turn and heard the rush of air.
When on low with engine running I noticed the bleed valve was stiffer when loosening it than with engine off so assume that is pressure buildup.
One thing I did notice is when I opened it, engine on, there was a ticking noise from the engine bay, like an injector rattle.
All ok so far though
You must be the change you want to see in the world - Mahatma Gandhi
Xantia HDI 90SX C3 2005 and C3 2006 both 1.4i sensodrives