Giant Caterpillar...

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Re: Re:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

Xac wrote:
addo wrote:Pellet gun?
Nope, definitely an insect while I was mowing the lawn.
I ended up with several bites after doing the lawn recently, I did not end up with the large red rash as shown in the picture, but had the bite site and it was very itchy, I had a great desire to touch or rub the sites, but soon learnt to leave them be, ended up seeing the GP and getting an antibiotic which sorted it out.

How did you sort yours out Xac?

P.S. I was wearing shorts that day, as we had such a large amount of rain previously during the summer of what appeared to be 69 or more rain storms, and wanted the legs to see some sun, and ended up regretting it afterwards!

Edit.......To correct spelling mistake.
Last edited by ACTIVE8 on 25 Sep 2012, 13:01, edited 1 time in total.
ACTIVA

The car that looks like a family car, but has special secret hidden abilities.
Xaccers
My Cars:

Re: Re:

Post by Xaccers »

ACTIVE8 wrote:
Xac wrote:
addo wrote:Pellet gun?
Nope, definitely an insect while I was mowing the lawn.
I ended up with several bites after doing the lawn recently, I did not end up with the large red rash as shown in the picture, but had the bite site and it was very itchy, I had a great desire to touch or rub the sites, but soon learnt to leave them be, ended up seeing the GP and getting an antibiotic which sorted it out.

How did you sort yours out Xac?

P.S. I was wearing shorts that day, as we had such a large amout of rain previously during the summer of what appeared to be 69 or more rain storms, and wanted the legs to see some sun, and ended up regretting it afterwards!
I was wearing shorts too, won't make that mistake again!
First noticed it getting bad on the Monday (was bitten on Friday) where the base of my calf muscle was rock solid and painful to stretch.
Noticed some dark bits in the wound and picked them out with tweezers then rubbed the area with Savlon which reduced the swelling and stopped my calf muscle hurting.
A week later it started itching again, so I used more Savlon and took an anti-histamine, and noticed the big red area around the bite.
The doctor reckons the infection was starting to lose the battle and has given me 500mg Fluclocillin tablets to take 4 times a day which according to the info sheet is the higher dose for it.
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Re: Giant Caterpillar...

Post by ACTIVE8 »

My bite sites were on the shin area, on both legs.

So while busy and working hard in the garden I touched, and rubbed it to start with, as it felt like a normal itch, and just a small irritation.

Although when I looked down later, it was obvious it should now be left alone, as it was inflamed.

So I went to see the doctor, and was prescribed Flucloxacilin 500mg like you Xac, and I had taken an antihistamine before starting work.

I will also think twice about wearing shorts next time, as getting some sun on the legs (vain to pain) was not worth it on that day!
ACTIVA

The car that looks like a family car, but has special secret hidden abilities.
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

Those antibiotics are strong stuff!
After taking them since Friday I now have to make sure I have an empty stomach when I take them!
The bite is looking much better though, no red at all.

DIY sphere tool
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

My bet for your bite Xac is that a Horsefly was to blame, horrid things.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

DickieG wrote:My bet for your bite Xac is that a Horsefly was to blame, horrid things.
I thought that too but I looked at horsefly bites and the actual bite was more like a mosquito, it wasn't swollen or raised like a horsefly bite.
We have miner bees in the garden, so that might be a possibility. I didn't feel it happen though, so it was something with a hypodermic sting or proboscis or a natural anaesthetic.

DIY sphere tool
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

I've had wasp and bee stings aplenty, been bitten by a viper with very little effect but collapsed after a mozzy bite and ended up in hospital.