Life on the edge - the Diary of a C5

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

Hell Razor5543
Donor 2021

Re: Life on the edge - the Diary of a C5

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Otterchops, it is knowing what is the best implement to threaten something with. For you is is the BIG hammer (although there would be occasions when he HAS to use one on a particularly recalcitrant item), and for the laptops it could be the blowtorch.
Xantianut

Post by Xantianut »

Hello, Friends!

Ah, Phooey!! :rant2: Numerous Naughty Words. In French. And German!! :twisted:

I thought I'd found a way to get rid of that cheapo NACA starter he gave me last year. Talk about built down to a price!!! Anyway, i just loosened the connection to my big, powerful battery ever so slightly and waited for corrosion to do her work. This week, my starter would not turn. At all! IPad tells me the Old Fool has been looking at starter motors but I wish she/d tell me exactly what he was looking at. Not NEW starters but how to fix one! :roll:

I fought him. I fought him as much as I could, hoping against hope that a box containing a new starter would appear but to no avail. After moving my air filter, fuel filter and air intake from my intercooler he could get his tools in without any worries to remove my starter, clean the contacts, smear with dielectric grease and reassemble. :taz:

When reassembling I thought I'd better be a Good Girl. :luv:

I am now running well and ready to take my Greyhounds to a little show tomorrow. :wave1:

Love

Otterchops.

And her Very Greasy Daddy!!
bobins
Donor 2021

Post by bobins »

You better be careful with your starter motor Otters, or he'll get his starting handle out - and you don't want to think about where he'll put that :shock:
Xantianut

Post by Xantianut »

hadn't thought of that, Bobins.

I know his big hammer can hurt!!!

Otterchops.
Xantianut

Post by Xantianut »

Hello, Friends!

Papa went purple this week and that is very impressive. The "thieving little scrotes" have been getting inventive and have helped themselves to the bolts under my wheel arches that hold my bumper on. Papa has tried goooooooglig but only comes up with the plastic clips that are frankly not what I need. Oh, and the Old Fool LOST two of the torx bolts at thee top of my grille.

Has anyone got a Part Number or the type of thread? Needless to say, he's gott no idea. If he can't hit it with a hammer.....

Gotta fly - here comes the Old Fool now!

Love

Otterchops.
Xantianut

C5 Mk1 aircon leak

Post by Xantianut »

Xantianut wrote:
04 Sep 2012, 18:15
Ay up!

I am a part time mechanic and tutor at a training centre mainly for kids with learning difficulties. We also have a couple of groups of NACRO kids doing a Modern Apprenticeship. Fifi is being maintained in the perfect place. Its the old Sunbeam Factory.

Fifi is my daily transport and about to begin a major tidy-up. A deal for leather seats has been struck with one of my fellow forumites (saving pocket money!) and body repair will begin once we have a slot. Numerous dents need sorting with touching up of the paint as well. Plus repainting the black trim. Plenty to keep me busy, then.

We've been repairing a head gasket on a 306 GTI, a head rebuild on a Renault Megane and I've just spent the best part of two days :shock: removing the thermostat housing from a 2006 Ford Fiesta! At least the replacement part is cheap - £16 ex-Fleabay. Plus we have a 306 converrtible which belongs to a student and is a long term project. After this, a Daewoo Matiz for a pair of wheel bearings and front brakes then it will be adopted by one of our staff members.
Xantianut

C5 M1 Aircon leak

Post by Xantianut »

Hell Razor5543 wrote:
31 Jan 2022, 07:26
Otterchops, it is knowing what is the best implement to threaten something with. For you is is the BIG hammer (although there would be occasions when he HAS to use one on a particularly recalcitrant item), and for the laptops it could be the blowtorch.
Xantianut

C5 Mk1 Aircon leak.

Post by Xantianut »

Salut mes amis!!!

I have an Aircon leak from the pipe that goes from my aircon compressor to the evaporator. Papa can find pipes for a Mk2 but would they fit? He's worried that it may be too hot for my dogs.....
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2021

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

If you cannot find a suitable replacement can you remove it? If you can, maybe Pirtek could repair it.
Xantianut

Post by Xantianut »

Worth a try. See if I can get a replacement though.