Life on the edge - the Diary of a C5

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: Life on the edge - lock advice needed

Post by GiveMeABreak »

You need to find the issue first before replacing the fobs - highly unlikely that both fobs are not working at the same time.

1) Have you checked and charged the car battery - that is the first port of call if the car won't lock / unlock.
2) Are they the right fob batteries - they need to be CR1620 Coin cells (not CR2032).
3) Did you resynchronise the keys correctly?:-
  • Get in car, close door
  • Put fob one into ignition and turn ignition on
  • within 10 seconds press one of the fob buttons for a few seconds
  • Turn off ignition and remove key
  • Repeat for other fob
  • get out of car and try locking / unlocking
myglaren
Forum Admin Team

Post by myglaren »

I have never had to resynchronise mine despite changing batteries earlier this year and before that taking it to bits to clean and removing the batteries to do so - actually worked better after that for a while until the battery died altogether.
May be different for you but I didn't and often bother locking it. No-one would swipe this heap anyway, far better targets up the street :(
Xantianut

Post by Xantianut »

Hello, Friends!!!

Long time no speak. I have been a Good Girl and been fairly reliable. Until I decided that was BORING and made my left front brake seize on the way to Bridgnorth. I did it well, there were flames and everything!! Papa put the fire out and we went to our destination. On the way back, he reckoned I was pulling to the right on braking (guess who was not using her left front brake?) so he ordered a new one. And fitted it.

Sadly, my MOT did not go well. Both my ball joints needed replacing and the gaiter on my right rear suspension is knackered. This was Papa's description! He jacked me up, popped my sill on the spare wheel and had a look which is when he found that Mr Bodger had visited and not only just patched the boot last time BUT had snapped the R clip off in my suspension arm which has rusted solid.

He muttered numerous naughty words and iPad tells me he has ordered a new clip. The bad news is that he has also ordered a BIG blow torch to apply heat. Eeeeek!!!!

I also think his BIG hammer will be involved.

However, I do need it. Papa has adopted a Greyhound. Her name is Lily and she is a lovely friendly girl. She also does not pee on my tires as every other dog seems to do!! She appreciates my comfortable seats and smooth ride anyway so I would like to take all 3 of then to Nice Places for doggie walks.

Please hurry up, My Postman. And get the Hammer Time over please Papa......

Love

Otterchops
Lily fast asleep - as usual!!!
Lily fast asleep - as usual!!!
Xantianut

Re: Life on the edge - returning to the fold!!!

Post by Xantianut »

Hello, Friends!!!

The Blowtorch arrived today.

Just waiting for the clip now.

Help.......
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Good to see you back Otterchops :D I trust the blowtorch treatment will not be too painful!
Xantianut

Post by Xantianut »

:shock: :shock: :-o :-o :-o :shock: Papa says he will have a fire extinguisher to hand

((GULP))
bobins
Donor 2021

Post by bobins »

flame.jpg
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2021

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

This is a slightly more powerful blow torch, and something NOBODY in WW1 would want to be on the wrong end of;

Xantianut

Post by Xantianut »

Stop it!

I am afraid you will give the old fool ideas! Bad enough the blowtorch AND 4 lb hammer!
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2021

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Don't worry, Otterchops, I may have found something to deal with that blowtorch;

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

I'm sure he'll be gentle with you Otterchops ;)
Xantianut

Post by Xantianut »

Hello, Friends!

Well, that surprised him, a couple of minutes with the blow torch, three strokes of his BIG hammer and the remains of the clip were out with no pain or fires! However, the gaiter has its spring clip mounded in to the rubber so Papa will be looking for a nice, wire Jubilee Clip tomorrow.
Xantianut

Post by Xantianut »

Hello, Friends!

That went better than I expected. The new gaiter is now on once the wire hose clip had arrived. No swiping with massive hammer or extra heat needed.

He just needs to trace a fault in my front pad wear light and I shall be ready!!!
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Excellent =D> 8-)
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2021

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Xantianut wrote:
20 Oct 2020, 15:02
Hello, Friends!

That went better than I expected. The new gaiter is now on once the wire hose clip had arrived. No swiping with massive hammer or extra heat needed.

He just needs to trace a fault in my front pad wear light and I shall be ready!!!
Probably failed wiring in the final part of the loom heading towards the front callipers.