Life on the edge - a Recommendation!!!

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Re: My Imprisonment - the diary of a C5

Post by CitroJim »

Xantianut wrote: I'll keep you up to date, friends. :mrgreen:
It's started :-D

Xantianut

Post by Xantianut »

...... and finished on the same day.

Too bloody cold by half.

Bugger.

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Xantianut wrote:...... and finished on the same day.

Too bloody cold by half.

Bugger.
You're right there... Forecast suggests no let-up in the cold in the foreseeable future.. :evil:

Xantianut

Post by Xantianut »

Hello, Friends!

I am currently imprisoned in a workshop Somewhere In Leeds. Daddy tells me this is APT Motors, tel 0113 231 1160* who have remocved the top of my engine and sent it off to be machined. This should cure my tummy ache and my raging thirst for water. I used more water (5 litres) than diesel (4 litres) coming up here so I don't think I was well.

Daddynhas brought my predecessors here for over 20 years now so they must be good. No one has threatened me with Daddy's (in)famous 4 lb hammer as yet, even though he did put it on my back seat.....

Hope to be back up and running soon. I do wish Daddy had been able to repair me. He likes that, as old Fifi told me. However, he'll have oil changes and the like to keep him busy ans his feet stuck out from under my front bumper, twitching in time to the music.

:mrgreen:

*. Keeps the old fool happy

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Excellent :-D I do enjoy reading these posts. Writing form Fifi's point of view makes it all the more so...

Xantianut

Post by Xantianut »

Hello, friends.

My head is back on and my powerful engine is running. Depsite throwing several tantrums because my Daddy is a wimp! My latest? A water leak where it's a swine to get at. That'll give them something to think about.

I am soooooo looking forward to chomping Daddy's wallet......

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

:lol: Excellent!

Xantianut

Re: FREE AT LAST!!!!!!!

Post by Xantianut »

My Daddy came for me today to take me home.

There were a lot of people with cameras following him because he is tight with money, even by Yorkshire standards, so the sight of him paying a large sum over was wonderful to see. Even better, I get the benefit from this, but then so does Daddy because he can now drive me. Oh, and he's bought me some diesel as well!

So, the long run down the motorway with such a fresh cylinder head does worry me a bit but Daddy is confident of Uncle Alf's workmanship. As Daddy often says though, never hurts to have a worrywart onside!

He is now muttering about my trip computer. Looking forward to that! [-o<

Hell Razor5543
Donor 2021

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Yay! Is the trip computer there so you can count how many times he falls over on paving slabs?

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Excellent :-D Good to hear all is good with the head. I'm sure Uncle Alf did a perfect job on you :wink:
Hell Razor5543 wrote:Yay! Is the trip computer there so you can count how many times he falls over on paving slabs?
Whilst looking for dropped coins....

Xantianut

Post by Xantianut »

Hello.

It's official. I am a Good Girl. Daddy checked my oil and water today and I have not lost any anything. This made him smile and, as a reward, he took his famous 4 lb hammer from my boot and put it in the shed. Then thought about collecting it again when he discovered that I'd upset his socket set and sprinkled the contents all over my boot floor! He says it's all there and that is what matters.

Either Daddy is mellowing in his old age or he's smoking something strange.

Any ideas?

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

He's not smoking anything... He just knows a Citroen that consumes no fluids is an absolute joy to behold and he's enjoying it so don't you go letting him down now [-X

Xantianut

Post by Xantianut »

Hello, Friends

I'm worried about Daddy.

He is a regular reader of Practical Classics and like the articles on Citroens more than most but he's getting all gooey-eyed over an article on the BX. Now I knoe that he has 4 of them - 2 BX14s, a BX19D that turned out to be a 17D in disguise and made him dislike diesels* afterwards and a BX16 he loved but had to scrap because he could not get the parts to repair the power steering.** Thing is, he seems to be getting more gooey-eyed over this than normal. He tells me he looked at at a BX17TD but decided not to go for it because he needed a Work Horse, not a Show Pony.

Anyone know what that means?

I reckon if I'm very good indeed and use no fluids (other than diesel of course!) and cosset him as much as I can I should be OK. Oh, and I'd do well to recruit Mummy. I started this yesterday by blowing icy cool air over them from my aircon. Just to show them it was working.

Daddy has been removing some sticky stuff where nasty people have stolen some badges Daddy gave me. He squirted the sticky tape with WD40 which was washed away by the rain so then used some rather dirty "white" spirit to remove it. Hurry up and buy some new ones, please! I LIKE my "Elation" badges.

Up to Yorkshire again next week to collect some stuff. Then he says he's taking me to somewhere called Wales. Looking forward to this - ol' blue liked Wales. My turbo should flatten those hills!

Bye for now

Otterchops

* I soon put him right on that - just for the economy indeed!

**although a metter of days after, a new company appeared that sold them!

Edited for spelling. I do help her with this.....
Daddy :mrgreen:

Hell Razor5543
Donor 2021

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Daddy needs to check his spelling! Matter is not spelt with 2 Es'

Xantianut

Post by Xantianut »

Ah....

Well, between us, we are almost intelligible. She's French, I'm dyslexic.

You know, I should have noticed the wavy red line......