Life on the edge - the Diary of a C5

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

Stickyfinger
Donor 2016

Re: The diary of a C5

Post by Stickyfinger »

daviemck2006 wrote:Is there such a thing as a PSA "engineer" [emoji48] [emoji23] [emoji23]
Yep
daviemck2006
Donor 2020

Post by daviemck2006 »

I hope he ate the pringles first [emoji23] [emoji23] because once it pops it just won't stop [emoji12] [emoji23]
Xantianut

Post by Xantianut »

That's daddy's kind of bodging!

Although he would at least have bound the tube with tape......
Xantianut

Post by Xantianut »

Hello everyone.

After a weekend being a van it's nice to put my feet up for a couple of days, although I have been pressed into service as a cat ambulance! The smaller of Daddy's two white cats has been not well, with diarrohea (can't spell the word properly!) and not being able to wee properly. So they put her in a cat basket which is put on my (beige) seats. Charming! No accidents though and JimJim is now much better.

Mummy is doing a coffee talk tonight so I'll be on duty.

Both Daddy and Mummy are doing a reconstruction of a 1685 coffee house at a local stately home which they seem to enjoy. I've found several friendly cars in the car park, including a Peugeot. So nice to chat with a cousin!

Daddy tells me he has given up with trying to load the Lexia onto his Windows 7 computers and is trying to fix an old XP machine he has. I can hear the swearing from here! I am very glad he is not swearing at me. Yet......
Zelandeth
Donor 2016

Post by Zelandeth »

If he gets properly stuck I have a machine floating around here somewhere that runs XP. You're not a million miles away, so could probably arrange it to be handed over if needed.

Give you and Gabrielle a chance to swap stories as well! Think she's been watching curiously as the Saab has been getting slowly woken up again, getting booked in tomorrow to have the nasty hole in the sill fixed properly tomorrow.
Xantianut

Post by Xantianut »

Daddy is excited by this.

I am excited by this.

Daddy tells me that the diesel will be cheaper than buying one off eBay. In fact, I reckon he'll be able to go to North Wales AND Milton Keynes for the cost of buying one from eBay.

He's going to the cottage next weekend so he will be in touch after that.

I am going to be programmed by my Daddy!!! Woo-hoo!!!!
Xantianut

Post by Xantianut »

Hello, friends.

Daddy still has not sorted out his Lexia but he has sorted a slight hydraulic leak on my left hand front suspension.

He snipped the old clip off and the old rubber pad just fell off. Then he popped the new one on and squeezed the clip together. I am now oil tight and both Mummy and Daddy are happy.

Coming up to my MOT now.
Xantianut

Post by Xantianut »

Hello everyone!

A large, heavy, lumpy parcel arrived today which was, as suspected, my new brake caliper. Daddy has checked it and everything is in order,

Or rather would be had he not split the end of one of his fingers open! He left blood on my caliper and has been howling as he washes the crud out of the cut. I don't like hearing Daddy howl so I am in complete agreement that he should leave it until his finger gets better. This means I have a few days with my feet up!!

Now, surely one of my computers can pick up a bit of Stephane Grapelli?
Xantianut

Post by Xantianut »

Well, he's started.

Sort of.

Thing is, the fixings on my brakes have seized up so he squirted them with his favourite penetrating brew, WD40. I know, I've tried to get him to buy Plus Gas but he insists! You give up after a while. Anyway, Imcan feel that stuff working on my brake caliper so hopefully he'll actually FIT the blasted thing tomorrow.

Come on, Papa. You can do better than this!!!!!!
Xantianut

Post by Xantianut »

OOOOOWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!

Daddy has been hitting me with a very big hammer!

He has been squirting all sorts of things on my right wheel with WD40 and changed my brake caliper. To release the handbrake cable, he had to whack the lever several times with his 4lb hammer. Feels more like 4 TONS when he wields it! The cable is free so he's happy. Ish.

He has said some very unkind things about my brakes. I have conventional brakes unlike every other car he has owned. They were easy to bleed, put foot on brake and...... Job done! Now he has to pump the pedal like every one else has to, so I will have to remind him of how much he disliked pressure brakes with ABS. I was chatting to a Citroen Xantia with ABS and she was embarrassed about shaking her mummy's foot like she does. I don't do that, even when he puts my ABS to the test like yesterday when a small girl ran out in front of me. The child was scared but unhurt and her mum was thankful Daddy was alert.

Now, when is he going to check my left hand front calliper

:teabag: :teabag:
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2021

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Xantianut wrote:OOOOOWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!

Daddy has been hitting me with a very big hammer!

He has been squirting all sorts of things on my right wheel with WD40 and changed my brake caliper. To release the handbrake cable, he had to whack the lever several times with his 4lb hammer. Feels more like 4 TONS when he wields it! The cable is free so he's happy. Ish.

He has said some very unkind things about my brakes. I have conventional brakes unlike every other car he has owned. They were easy to bleed, put foot on brake and...... Job done! Now he has to pump the pedal like every one else has to, so I will have to remind him of how much he disliked pressure brakes with ABS. I was chatting to a Citroen Xantia with ABS and she was embarrassed about shaking her mummy's foot like she does. I don't do that, even when he puts my ABS to the test like yesterday when a small girl ran out in front of me. The child was scared but unhurt and her mum was thankful Daddy was alert.

Now, when is he going to check my left hand front calliper

:teabag: :teabag:
When he gets an 8lb hammer! (Only kidding). :-D You might want to let him know that Plus Gas is better at freeing things up (it is also know as dismantling fluid).
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

He does like his hammer doesn't he :twisted:

Cruel man :evil:
Xantianut

Post by Xantianut »

Hello, Friends!

And thus begins my imprisonment. My MOT ran out yesterday but Daddy rells me he's ordered new, better front brakes for me so I'll be able to stop even quicker. In fact, he will fit one of them today to get ahead of The game, whatever that means! Oh, good, no hammer. Ah. Yet. There it is but he promises me he my not have to use it. GOOD!!!! He has quality spanners and sockets, why use the hammer? Spanners tickle!

Anyway, I had a good lope along the motorway, Daddy pushing my turbo hard to clean my inlet manifold. It does an old girl good to have a good blast. Clears the tubes, gets the feet going. Mummy and Daddy had a good meal and found me an interesting view of some rather odd buildings that looked as though they had just sort of grown together! He says they'll come back and photograph them so looking forward to that

Here comes Daddy with his tools and up I go in the air to be mended.

Have fun, my friends.
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2021

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Otterchops, you might want to tell him that it is possible to get an MoT done up to 1 month before the old one expires, which then gives him more flexibility (and time) in getting things done.
Xantianut

Post by Xantianut »

Hello, Hell Razor.

He might have been able to do that, only I emptied his wallet!!!!!