New Xantia Files Columnist Sought...

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

red_dwarfers
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Re: New Xantia Files Columnist Sought...

Post by red_dwarfers »

CitroJim wrote:Do you reckon he's on a back-hander from PG Tips?
I've not noticed too much product placement when I've seen him bar the odd t-shirt. There isn't a PG tips tax disk holder in the XM is there?

Talking of XM Prestige's, has anyone seen the film 'The Prestige' with Michael Caine? I watched it again the other day, an excellent film, very gripping throughout, much like the XM :roll: :lol:
CitroJim wrote:I've also been doing the CXM Convoy Drive route instructions. Are you ever going to love it :twisted:
You're going to have us all pausing half way up hills to admire the countryside aren't you, knew we should have had CXM in the Fens...

I'm quite looking forward to seeing October's magazine as my first column will be published and also to see what Mr Salter has written about me in the GSection column :lol:
Kev

'19 C4 Cactus 130 Flair
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

CitroJim wrote: Well there, two month's worth of copy already Chris :-D Kev, I fully agree on your words on reading Chris's posts. They cause me to consume some significant quantities of tea too. Do you reckon he's on a back-hander from PG Tips?
That would be Ringtons up this way

red_dwarfers
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by red_dwarfers »

Free delivery to All Parts? But that's one of my local scrappies, something dodgy is going on here...
Kev

'19 C4 Cactus 130 Flair
Trainman
(Donor 2018)
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather
2017 1.6HDi Berlingo Van - the works van

Post by Trainman »

Chris,

Writing the column can actually be good fun, through doing mine I've found out shrd loads of stuff I didn't know. Jim has a wealth of knowledge that is second to none, even if he can't do the whole column, I'm positive he will still 'chip' something in. Malcolm does with mine.

When I spoke to Jim before taking on the C6 Column he gave me a piece of advise that I've stuck to....... put one day aside a month and then sit and write.

It's amazing how once you start writing it just flows..........
Steve

2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.

http://c6owners.org/index.php
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

CitroJim wrote:Excellent stuff :-D I've been quiet this afternoon putting a column together as I'm two days past the deadline...

Well there, two month's worth of copy already Chris :-D Kev, I fully agree on your words on reading Chris's posts. They cause me to consume some significant quantities of tea too. Do you reckon he's on a back-hander from PG Tips?
:lol: No shares in PG Tips unfortunately. It is Ringtons around here and im pretty sure they still use that van actually :roll:

Hmm, this could well be interesting :-D
CitroJim wrote:I've also been doing the CXM Convoy Drive route instructions. Are you ever going to love it :twisted:
Are you handing out passengers who have some navigational skills with these routes? :lol: My dad is not the best ... last time we only made it due to catching up quickly with Dean ... even then he didn't know where we were :roll:

Im sure I would enjoy doing it Steve, so long as I could get some copy from enough people im sure it could work. Expecially now I have two Xantias 8-[
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
Citroening
My Cars: Various Makes/Models Nowadays...

Post by Citroening »

Citroenmad wrote:last time we only made it due to catching up quickly with Dean ... even then he didn't know where we were :roll:
:lol: :lol: Dom was navigating Dean last year!!

I think the plan this year is that there's not going to be gaps between the cars, so in true "convoy" fashion, however each car will have route instructions just in case...

Currently compiling said booklet as I type - just going to do a virtual convoy on Google Maps... :lol:
Franklin
Citroenmad
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

Citroening wrote:
Citroenmad wrote:last time we only made it due to catching up quickly with Dean ... even then he didn't know where we were :roll:

I think the plan this year is that there's not going to be gaps between the cars, so in true "convoy" fashion, however each car will have route instructions just in case...
Dom did a good job, I like how we circled that roundabout a good few times, just to test out the Activas ... :lol:

Ah, that will make it ten times better and easier :-D
Chris
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
red_dwarfers
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by red_dwarfers »

Don't forgot that as co-ordinator of CCC activities in the South West I need to proof read the route*

*I wonder if he'll fall for that :lol:
Kev

'19 C4 Cactus 130 Flair
Trainman
(Donor 2018)
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2017 1.6HDi Berlingo Van - the works van

Post by Trainman »

Citroenmad wrote: Are you handing out passengers who have some navigational skills with these routes? :lol: My dad is not the best ... last time we only made it due to catching up quickly with Dean ... even then he didn't know where we were :roll:
Citroening wrote: :lol: :lol: Dom was navigating Dean last year!!
You're both lucky I had Mr Smart :roll: :roll: :roll:

His advise "Ack, there's one we'll follow that.........."

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Steve

2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.

http://c6owners.org/index.php
red_dwarfers
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by red_dwarfers »

I remember me and my navigator almost missing a right turn on the top of a hill, other than that I think we were okay, no exciting stories about ending up on the Isle of Wight unfortunately :lol:
Kev

'19 C4 Cactus 130 Flair
Citroenmad
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

red_dwarfers wrote:I remember me and my navigator almost missing a right turn on the top of a hill, other than that I think we were okay, no exciting stories about ending up on the Isle of Wight unfortunately :lol:
I think we will need to try hard to beat the convoy the previous year though ... meeting the front half coming the other way down the road was certainly a laugh! :lol:
Chris
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Citroenmad wrote:
red_dwarfers wrote:I remember me and my navigator almost missing a right turn on the top of a hill, other than that I think we were okay, no exciting stories about ending up on the Isle of Wight unfortunately :lol:
I think we will need to try hard to beat the convoy the previous year though ... meeting the front half coming the other way down the road was certainly a laugh! :lol:
Absolutely! That was a proper Keystone Cops moment that was.
Deanxm
My Cars: Citroen XM

Post by Deanxm »

Citroenmad wrote:
Citroening wrote:

Dom did a good job, I like how we circled that roundabout a good few times, just to test out the Activas ... :lol:

Ah, that will make it ten times better and easier :-D

That was a minor committee moment, finding the tail end of a familia C6 was a great releif :lol:

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92
Talbot Express Autotrail Chinook 89
Mitsubishi L200 Trojan 14
Xantia Activa 95, sold (missed)

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

No worries this year on getting lost. The route is very straightforward and easy. It's much more about getting to Bletchley Park rather than the journey itself although I've tried to make it a little interesting...

I think though this might be a first in that part of the route passes through a somewhat urban area...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Seeking clarity here, as we are busy getting lost in the countryside, it seems. Are you desirous of a filler column or "guest article" on the escapades of a Xantia Down Under? If so, you just need to provide a little guidance on style, content, length.