Next Car ?

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

R9UKE
My Cars:

Re: Next Car ?

Post by R9UKE »

The new Hyundai tourers are well sexy... I had to look twice at the badge!!

Lovely C5 Exclusive. I'd have the electric tailgate worn out within a week, such a show off feature! Enjoy :)
French is best.
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

R9UKE wrote:The new Hyundai tourers are well sexy... I had to look twice at the badge!!
I like those too and your right, its not very Hyundai, they have got their styling right for a change. I suppose their payoff is that dread ful coupe thing with 2 doors on one side and 1 on the other 8-[
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Citroenmad wrote:that dread ful coupe thing with 2 doors on one side and 1 on the other 8-[
Truly awful :evil: I'd need to be paid handsomely to be even seen near one, let alone drive it...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
R9UKE
My Cars:

Post by R9UKE »

Agreed. It'd be similar to living with one leg longer than the other... I enjoy symmetry.

Funny though, I came across a Hyundai range brochure from 2001 the other night (was looking for my XG30 brochure :oops: ) and it's amazing how much that company have changed in a decade. It looks like themselves and Renault have swapped sales figures too :(
French is best.
Citroenmad
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

I commented to a Hyundai salesman about the awful styling on that coupe thing, he did not disagree! :lol:

Hyundais have came a long way, even the tiny I10 and I20 are reasonable little cars. I remember driving a 2000 Hyundai Accident a few years back, if there is a car which is any more dull to look at, be in and drive, then I dont know about it. Well, im not sure if dull is the word, as that might make it a good car. The gearbox was awul, very long and very vague to use. The steering was very fake, the engine was awful and noisey. Just a really cheap really nasty car. TO think that the same company can make something like the I40, a car which I would consider owning, is a real turnaround.

Same goes for Kia, to think they made the Shuma and Sad-owner and now they make the very good Cee'd, it is quite staggering. I had a Kia Cerato as a loan car for a few weeks in 2006, while it was very dull it was a good car, spacious, well made, drove fine. Even from then they have came a long way.
Chris
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
xantiasmiff
My Cars:

Post by xantiasmiff »

I bougot a Peugeot 407, 2.0hdi zenith with 87, 000 miles . It's my first Peugeot. I've had it a couple of months now and although I'm pleased with it , I've had two xantias previously and there are a few things that I really miss. Firstly, the xantia suspension. The Peugeot is comfortable, especially at motorway speeds, but is not in the same league. Secondly, mpg. My xantia hdi ran on fresh air in comparison ! I also miss the suspension settings for servicing etc. My xantia needed to many costly repairs to keep her going , so I bought the Peugeot. Have I made the right decision ? Time will tell.
Citroenmad
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

A very nice choice, they are nice looking cars and that 2.0HDi 138 is a great engine.

Im surprised your Xantia was better on fuel. I have the same engine as your 407 in my C5 and find the difference between the HDi Xant and C5 138 is very small. The Xantia is perhaps better around town but the C5 is very good at high speed motorway journeys.
Chris
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
xantiasmiff
My Cars:

Post by xantiasmiff »

Thanks Citroenmad. I had the 90bhp hdi engine in my last xantia. The Mpg was really good albeit a bit slow. Averaging about 40Mpg at the mo although I have yet to take it on a long run .
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

citroenxm wrote:The later or current S40 is nothing but a dressed up Fraud Focus!! You can even see the Focus rear suspension hidden under the body.. .
This is not a bad thing. The Focus is a great car, though I prefer the lighter MK1 over the latest incarnations of it.