ZX 16V ACAV Problem

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

lafanzy

Post by lafanzy »

Please becareful with tying up the diaphrams lever. The devises are there for a reason. It is a very good design to improve power band on low rev and high rev. From what I know, we have 2 sets of manifolds. One for low rev and one for high. The diaphrams controls just that. So if you have tied (fixed) the levers, the engine should not run at it's optimum.
What is more appropriate for you to check is the vacume hoses that connects to the diaphrams, the diaphrams themself, the little vacume control devise as discribed in my last message as well as your vacume hoses in general. The connection between the vacume control devise is also a thing to check. It hooks up to the ECU and the ECU controls the open and close of the devise.
Good luck Dude!
goose
My Cars:

Post by goose »

i'd be interested in a club for the zx 16v's too
any chance of a pic of the parts you are talking obout cos i havent the foggiest of what u are talking about!!
gjb02
My Cars:

Post by gjb02 »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by goose</i>

i'd be interested in a club for the zx 16v's too
any chance of a pic of the parts you are talking obout cos i havent the foggiest of what u are talking about!!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
I'd love to try and set up a club, but wouldn't know where to start!! I have purchased a domain name for a web page though.. citroenzx16v.co.uk. I've started on a web page, hopefully it will be up and running soon!
As for the vacuums, I'll see if I can get a photo sorted.
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

I had to replace one of mine again a few weeks back as one of the diaphrams split inside (took it apart after). It meant the car was gutless until 5000 as the fuel mapping etc was all wrong as it expected more air to be coming in. Then over 5000 they shut anyway so it was normal
As a side note. They take their vacumn feed from the brake servo so my brakes went quite spongy because the air was leaking out of the damaged diaphram in the acav
Theres a zx 16v mailing list on ebay which i was recently put as a moderator, could use that for emails if you wish
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CITROEN_ZX_16V_CLUB/
goose
My Cars:

Post by goose »

are these the actuator look-a-likeys on the side of the plastic manifolds?? i tried a test on them to see if they were functioning properlly by tieing them open and i found that it was slow gewtting to 5000rpm and after that it was flat. feels much better when let to do there own thing.