Aarrgh

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

nametooshort
My Cars:

Re: Aarrgh

Post by nametooshort »

I used to get really annoyed by agricultural vehicles on roads. Of course, in the case highlighted above, the tractor driver was clearly a douche, since he pulled out too slow in front of fast moving traffic, and its very unfortunate, but luckily most of the time they don't cause accidents, they are just annoying because of their low top speed.

However now I just think about it this way: Without tractors there would not be farms*, and without farms there would not be food products.They may slow us down on the roads, but they bring us a lot of tasty things, like burgers and ribs and donuts and milkshakes and fries and burritos and tacos and....ok im hungry now.

*Yes I do understand that its possible to have farms without tractors. But its not very practical, unless you are Amish.
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

Thinking again, manufacturers have had to introduce new *small* cars as their previous ones grew up too much. Another non PSA example would be the VW Polo, if you look at an early and late one there's quite a size difference, hence the (discontinued?) Lupo being introduced which was not far off the size of the very first Polo.

I guess the C1 / 107 / Aygo are the same really in that they are the new "small" cars as the 207 / C2 is not that small for starters...

On a positive note, I have a replacement wing in the correct colour arriving in a few days (nothing local in the correct shade plus a used genuine one will probably last long and be cheaper than a new pattern one, not to mention painting costs) hopefully it is not too scratched, certainly it should be better than the current one. :) I'm £25 (plus postages) poorer for the trouble though.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

spider wrote:Thinking again, manufacturers have had to introduce new *small* cars as their previous ones grew up too much. Another non PSA example would be the VW Polo, if you look at an early and late one there's quite a size difference, hence the (discontinued?) Lupo being introduced which was not far off the size of the very first Polo.

I guess the C1 / 107 / Aygo are the same really in that they are the new "small" cars as the 207 / C2 is not that small for starters...
This is what I was getting at earlier, no doubt the C1 will grown next ...

The Lupo was kind of replaced, eventually, by the Fox, which is pretty large really. Though they have found the error of their ways and introduced the Up! now :lol:
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
nametooshort
My Cars:

Post by nametooshort »

The fiat 500 and the Mini are both examples of this too.
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

Replace wing popped on this afternoon although rain stopped play before I'd finished. Mainly a new bulb for the repeater (seems to have died from the excitement, twas working the other day anyway) and refit the splash shield.

Someone has been there before, the bumper bolts, one was missing and one of the headlight bolts was loose too.

The worst bit the box section welded on the inner wing (not the inner wing, the box welded to it) where the bumper guide fits is totally rotten and its bolt was missing. Noticed overspray under headlight too, was not visible until I'd dismantled it and I'd only undone the nearside bumper fixings as I know the bumper will slide an inch out which is all that's needed to get at the wing bolt under the light.

I think I'll make a bracket up at a later date but it seems OK for now though given the guide is just that I suppose.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

Sorry to hear about the damage spider.

If only the parking spaces were as big as the ones that can be found in Costco, they appear to be to done to American sizes.

Then it would allow the bigger cars/ 4 X 4 tanks that it appears are driven by those least capable of actually driving them, with any degree of competance, would then have more room to park their vehicle, and not touch/collide/nudge park against other vehicles.
ACTIVA

The car that looks like a family car, but has special secret hidden abilities.