O/S Rear brake pipe wanted.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

citronut
My Cars:

Re: O/S Rear brake pipe wanted.

Post by citronut »

RoadkillUK wrote:Well, it's the up/down when removing the wheel for bleeding really, that's all.
what do you mean by up down's not the pedal i hope,
as all you do with hydraulic citroens is with engine running hold the pedal down till you get a strong flow of citro blood out of the nipples,

RoadkillUK wrote: I would like to add that the replacement pipe came with 10mm ends, much easier to work with, which brings me to ask, what size are the original ones, I had to us a miniature pair of stilson type pliers on mine, did a lovely job mind.
the originals are 8mm
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years
RoadkillUK
My Cars:

Post by RoadkillUK »

I meant the up/down of the car to take wheels of and put them back on ... just whinging ;)

I have a few 8mm spanners and not one of them fit, they must have corroded, the fittings not the spanners.
Roadkill
http://www.bradford7.co.uk

Xantia 2.0 HDI (2000X)
Stepto1
My Cars:

Post by Stepto1 »

In the past month I've had to have both rear brake pipes changed, the ABS block under the bonnet to rear 'K' join and the pump to steering rack pipe all made up/sent out/fitted.

Seems like Xantia get to a certain age where the pipes start going.

Fingers crossed that's it for a while. Although pads and discs all round and a front caliper rebuild are lurking on the horizon.
Xantia SX 1.9TD Gone to the breakers
Xantia LX 2.0HDI Taxed and MOT'd at last!
Xantia 1.8 16V SX On loan to brother-in-law
Sportrack off road toy
Series One Land Rover
Thundercat race boat
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

RoadkillUK wrote:Well, it's the up/down when removing the wheel for bleeding really, that's all.
Yep, that's true enough :twisted: If you have an Activa you can do them without removing the wheel due to the size of the spokes and cut-outs.

Despite all though, a hydraulic Citroen is still a damm sight easier to bleed than a conventional car :(
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...