Clutch gone! Help & advice needed

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Xaccers
My Cars:

Re: Clutch gone! Help & advice needed

Post by Xaccers »

ashy90 wrote:Hmmm they really do not last long at all then?

Mind you, my other half parents old Xantia lasted a good 3 years I think on one clutch cable clip - which isn't too bad, is it?

Made me laugh when a Xantia I bought came with a spare clip in the glovebox :lol:
Cassy's original clutch and clip had done about 140K and approx 11 years until Jim and I replaced the gearbox and clutch 4 years ago (quickly checks maths again) and the clutch again about 6 months ago (that'll teach me to use a ECP Transmech clutch).
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
ashy90

Post by ashy90 »

Xac wrote:
ashy90 wrote:Hmmm they really do not last long at all then?

Mind you, my other half parents old Xantia lasted a good 3 years I think on one clutch cable clip - which isn't too bad, is it?

Made me laugh when a Xantia I bought came with a spare clip in the glovebox :lol:
Cassy's original clutch and clip had done about 140K and approx 11 years until Jim and I replaced the gearbox and clutch 4 years ago (quickly checks maths again) and the clutch again about 6 months ago (that'll teach me to use a ECP Transmech clutch).

Thats very good going.

The O/H parents old Xant broke its clutch cable/clip and also on a completely seperate occasion the clutch itself failed - both happened around 60-80k miles I believe....the new cable/clip was changed again after not long at all, and then that third one lasted for ages and was still fine up until the car was scrapped a month or two ago - at which point the clutch was starting to slip and was very stiff to operate.

My 1998 Xantia 1.9d had a new Clutch at around 95k miles I believe, and had a new cable/clip at some point too. When I owned the car at around 130k miles the clutch operation was very stiff indeed (compared to the Rover I was used too anyway) and it felt like the cable/clip was going to break at any time.....had a spare new one in the glove box :-D
flying clutchman
My Cars:

Post by flying clutchman »

the odd thing about this design is that changing the cable is no more difficult, so what's the point? Oh, I forgot Citroen don't need a point!