Any cars you regret selling?

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

HDI
My Cars:

Re: Any cars you regret selling?

Post by HDI »

DickieG wrote:
HDI wrote:My '83 Alfasud Ti Green Cloverleaf, bought new and probably the best handling car I've ever driven and the flat four sounded brilliant !
Excellent choice :-D I had two Alfasud Ti's and have very fond memories of them, as you say brilliant handling and with that wonderful back axle they gave a very smooth ride plus the boxer engine is so smooth it felt as if there was a magnet up by the red line, so easy to see why so many people described them as the car of the decade. I've been looking for a decent early Sprint with chrome bumpers for quite a while now, I see that there is a rather nice looking Ti for sale in Scotland ATM :-k
I've looked hard for a decent 'sud of any model but have never found one that is in a condition that would satisfy my concept of good condition. They rot like fruit in warm weather unfortunately, as you will be well aware of. When I bought mine Alfa were offering £500 cashback with which I bought aftermarket Recaro front seats and a Momo steering wheel, which I still have ! When I sold it I removed those items and sold the Recaro's on. I also still have the twin stainless steel tail pipes from the original exhaust system, I cut it off when the system was replaced, sad or what ?! The one hassle of that car was the metric Michelin TRX tyres. The fronts wore out at an alarming rate, like every 2-3000 miles and they were very expensive. I thought this to be excessive even with my press on driving style, so I asked Michelin if that would be considered acceptable. They were shocked and asked me to take the car to a Michelin centre to be checked over. They discovered that the front geometry was strange so checked with Alfa in Italy and found that it was setup incorrectly from the factory ! When I confronted the dealer with that they tried to wriggle out of it by saying I must have bumped the car up a curb or something like that ! What, so that would knock out the geometry by the same amount on each side would it ?! Eventually they capitulated when I mentioned the AA's legal department ! The geometry was reset and the tyres then lasted 20K miles !
Great car despite that, I can still hear the engine note now !
Now using '00 Xantia LX HDI, pov spec :(
My past Citroens :-
'00 Xantia SX HDI, now dead due to accident :(
'99 Xantia HDI 110 Exclusive, RIP :(
'97 Xantia TD SX
'96 Xantia TD LX
'96 ZX TD
'89 BX TD
'88 AX GT
'79 CX2400 Pallas (scrapped :( )
& a couple of Peugeots !