French cars - Failing MOTs

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Re: French cars - Failing MOTs

Post by Citroenmad »

CitroJim wrote:
Activa_Mike wrote: My S1 XM used to warn me of blown bulbs. It was so good, it did it when there were no blown bulbs..
:rofl:
Ah, no wonder it was deleted for S2 cars then! :lol:
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
colski
My Cars:

Post by colski »

Just found out today by a friend who owns my old T reg Xantia Hdi 110 that it passed its mot for the third year running!

I feel a bit gutted I got rid of it really, as its proved to be a really reliable car.

Just nice to know its got another year on the road!!! Long live the Xantia!! Amazing cars.
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

citronut wrote:
or just get rid of it and get another
Or sell it to Jim really cheap...
R9UKE
My Cars:

Post by R9UKE »

Citroenmad wrote:There is also the fact that a good few cars, especially German ones, warn you of it having a blown bulb, few French cars do that.

Indeed, kind of makes the European idea of carrying spare bulbs around pointless.
The woman in my Vel Satis used to say "Warning - number plate illumination faulty" after every speed bump. The cheap little units must have momentarily lost contact with the bulbs and thrown up the warning. EXTREMELY annoying.

It makes me laugh that the French insist on keeping emergency bulb kits then design cars like the Mégane II. Try changing any front bulb in one of those for the first time in a cosy garage with a jack, haynes manual and infinite internet access; let alone at the edge of a freezing autoroute in the pitch black while it's pissing down. Sums the French up really :lol: :lol:

I have two MOTs coming up. Both Renaults, one of them the worst performer - a Mégane! I shall report back :oops:
French is best.
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

Ive never had a car with a bulb warning feature, pretty pleased about that! I can tell when a bulb is out, as it doesn't light ...

Good luck with the MOTs :)

I have not replaced a MegII headlight bulb but have a ScenicII, thats a bit of a difficult one. Renault wanted a fortune to remove the front of the car, I managed to change it without removing anything. My arms still bare the scares! :lol:
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
R9UKE
My Cars:

Post by R9UKE »

Citroenmad wrote:Ive never had a car with a bulb warning feature, pretty pleased about that! I can tell when a bulb is out, as it doesn't light ...
:lol: :lol:

Thanks, I'll need the luck for the Mégane :roll:

Yep - I always dreaded the headlight job. Always end up with a few bleeding knuckles, thankfully the new one has Xenon headlights and won't need done :-D
French is best.