C5 window regulator

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

hdi_man
My Cars:

Re: C5 window regulator

Post by hdi_man »

OK got the drivers door internal panel off. unfortunately a few plastic clips snapped when pulling it off. the door handle prises apart with a screwdriver then you pull from the bottom of the door to snap off the clips, working your way up until the panel can lift up and off.

then I had to burst through a foam weatherseal that was glued on. looks like I'll need another one of them too !

what has happened to mine is not the plastic clips thats broken, its actually the wire has rusted through and snapped. so I am thinking all I need is another wire....

still looks so complicated to even replace the pulley wire!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/77014096/IMAG0188.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/77014096/2012-0 ... .19.43.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mobilemule

Post by mobilemule »

Hello hdi_man,
Sorry I could not copy the relevant pages of the manual.It just came out as gobbledygook.
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

Is it that much more difficult than the Mk1 :shock: I thought how easy that was, they must be going downhill faster than I thought.

Peter
mobilemule

Post by mobilemule »

Hello hdi_man
I did manage to upload some screen shots of the inner door panel removal procedure. ( see my posting on C5 Workshop Manual) Unfortunately they are a little disjointed and in reverse order but they do give some good guidance on the panel removal.Good luck.
mobilemule

Post by mobilemule »

Look at my posting on C5 workshop manual for screen prints of the way to remobe the inner door panel. Ghey are in reverse order for some reason but should be of some help.Good luck.
paulrovers

Post by paulrovers »

Hi there. I'm new to the forum. I have just had the same problem as most with my window regualtor failing. this is my second C5 III. I love the car to drive but hate the niggly problems. Anyway, on my previous c5 both front regulators went and were replaced under warranty. On this car my warranty ran out 2 months ago and surprise surprise the regulator failed. Looking at the prices quoted to other members of this forum I decided to fix this myself. I ordered one of the turkish repair kits off ebay at £25 plus postage . This contained all cables and fittings. What had actually happened on mine is one of the cables had corroded through. This was at the base of the machanism inside a plastic runner which works as a water trap. i used the plans off one the forums on this site to remove the door cover which was quite straight forward , although I advise ordering a set of replacement door panel trim clips before you start. once all the outer casing is off it is just a matter of working around all the screws holding the regualtor motor and frame in place. One screw is hidden behind the speaker cover which is riveted in position. I drilled a clearance hole through this cover to give me access. Afet a couple of attempts I worked out how to wind the cable onto a screw mechanism on the motor. The parts fitted back into the door quite easily and the window is now working fine. (almost)
I need to reset the ecu so the motor will run continuosly when i raise the window. I have to keep flicking the switch to get the window all the way to the top. Does anyone know a simle way of resetting this. Hope you can help and good luck to anyone doing this repair. Its worth the pain.
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

when you raise the window, hold the button in the 'up' position for ten seconds after the window is completely closed.
paulrovers

Post by paulrovers »

Thanks . I'll give this a try.
paulrovers

Post by paulrovers »

sorted. everthing working again. yippee. ta!
hdi_man
My Cars:

Post by hdi_man »

corroded cable on mine too. I had the door panel off but unfortunately crashed the car into a large rock and its getting a new engine fitted currently :roll:

will fix window when it comes back...update to follow
Steverosewell

Post by Steverosewell »

Hi Guys,
One of the many faults on my 2009 C5 is also the window. The passenger side was fixed under warranty but the drivers side failed just after the warranty period and Citroen wanted £342 to repair. On my C5 the motor still works but it just grinds when you press the button. I know that there is a part that has broken off and is rattling around inside the door.
I want to have a go myself and would appreciate and advice or drawings on how to get the door panels off.
Thanks
Steve
fifth_cit
My Cars:

Post by fifth_cit »

I have done both fronts on mine now, the latest one at the beginning of this week. It is one of the 3 cables thats snaps as it corrodes.
I got replacements from EBAY for about £18.00 for the 3.

They are very fiddley but doable. There is a a posting on here with a link to a Russian blog where the guy removes the door panel in detail, follow that to get the bits out of the door. The problem is the wires wrap around the drum and it looks like a rats nest.

I have some pics that I took and will send them to you if you PM your email address.

Keith
C5 III Tourer 2.0HDi SX
Previous Citroens:-
05 C5 Facelift VTR 2.0Hdi
03 C5 LX 2.0Hdi
51 C5 LX 2.0Hdi
96 Xantia LX TD
bobins
Donor 2023
My Cars: Kia Sportage
Mazda BT-50
Land Rover SIII SWB
V-F-R800
SL320
MX5

Post by bobins »

One of the Russian translations is here , with links to another window winder post also in that posting.
Sadly no longer a C5 owner :(
Napoleon
My Cars:

Post by Napoleon »

With fifth_cit's help I changed the cable on my 09 C5. Now I've done one, I would take on the other, knowing what to do. At first sight it looks impossible, but it's not.
Tim
2009 HV09 C5 2.2
1996 N679 Xantia TD VSX estate - sold August 2012
1995 M289 Xantia TD SX hatch - sold March 2012

Tarte au Citroen

2009 24" iMac 3.06GHZ
trevor1
New User

Post by trevor1 »

hi i replaced my very reliable v.w passet whitch i use as a taxi for a 2009 2.0 c5 in november 2012 its good on fuel ,very comfortable, and works well as a taxi
BUT on friday the front passenger window made a funny noise and refused to go up eaven though the moter was working after removing the door panel i noticed a thin steel cable hanging down to me it looked like it had corroded. four days later before i could get the car to the main dealer the drivers side did the same i informed the dealer that it is now 2 doors and asked about the cost thinking a cable cant be that much and was gob smacked when he told me it was £255 per door for parts and the total price after fitting is £728.88 RIPPED OF OR WHAT i hope i dont regret buying a citroen this isnt a good start