Oh Poo... What do I do now?

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

I've been told by a source I trust implicitly, that sugar is far more addictive.
Northern_Mike

Re: Oh Poo... What do I do now?

Post by Northern_Mike »

Citroenmad wrote:
Activa_Mike wrote:
CitroJim wrote:
:lol: :lol:

It's not addictive...

Is it?
Not that I'm aware of, well, no more than a decent cup of coffee is. IIRC there's 80mg caffeine per 250ml can. It sounds a lot, but this page
Coffee is very addictive ... I had an in length talk on Coffee by a Dr the other week :lol:
I agree. I used to work for Douwe Egberts and we had free, good coffee on site all the time... Our outdoor smoking area was nice too, so armed with a nice cup of coffee and a ciggy was a particularly nice break could be had.

Of course, I stopped smoking 3 years ago now. I don't drink , or rarely do. So coffee is my only vice. Sadly there's only a Starbucks near work that's open at 7pm when I start. Their coffee isn't bad, a touch overpriced, but it's still less than 1/3 the price of 20 fags.

I get rather tetchy if I don't get a decent cup of coffee at least once a day! My missus is Colombian too, so we always have good coffee at home, usually imported.
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

At least there are some benefits of drinking coffee, such as reducing the risks of getting some cancers, strokes, can reduce the chances of type 2 diabetes, parkinson's and other benefits.
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Exercise has great benefits, too - but we find all manner of reasons not to reshape our lifestyles!
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Xac wrote: Red Devil, it even got you up on the dance floor!
You can't blame the Red Devil for that. It was the vodka that did it :lol:
addo wrote:I've been told by a source I trust implicitly, that sugar is far more addictive.
So are old Citroens :roll:

Ahh well, so not all bad then :lol: I don't drink the stuff like water by any means and I don't drink alcohol at all (unless by accident - see above!!!). Alcohol, even in small doses, normally does terrible things to me and the effects last for days...

Coffee by and large does not really agree with me and gives me a bad head. However, I can and do enjoy an occasional latte and an occasional can of Red Bull just gives a nice little lift.

I shall no doubt enjoy a latte on the way to Aberystwyth later today and no doubt a can of RB on the way back. It's been a busy weekend so far...
addo wrote:Exercise has great benefits, too - but we find all manner of reasons not to reshape our lifestyles!
I get plenty of that in the form of spannering Xantias.....
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

lexi wrote:I did a labour only job for a guy 6yrs ago. He asked me how much it was to be. It was just over a days work and I said 3 and a half........£350 .....right?

I did not know him really but he was nice and a top bloke. We chatted as I finished up and he gave me envelope which I threw on dash of van.....still chatting. As I drove down the road I thought to check cash while driving............... :shock: As god is my witness he had given me £3500. all in 100s.

Stopped the van, and straight back. He was standing chatting to a neighbour. On confronting him he said he thought I had been a bit expensive :shock: :shock: . He didn't tell his wife how much and took it upon himself to pay and keep quiet as he had arranged the work :-D

I felt horrible for every minute I had the extra £3150 of that man and his familys hard earned. We had a good laugh about it after , especially when he said:

"But I was aware that you Slater guys made good money" :lol: :lol: :lol:
you could have just given the change to charity :shock: :wink:

regards malcolm
Napoleon
My Cars:

Post by Napoleon »

I'd forgotten that existed!
Tim
2009 HV09 C5 2.2
1996 N679 Xantia TD VSX estate - sold August 2012
1995 M289 Xantia TD SX hatch - sold March 2012

Tarte au Citroen

2009 24" iMac 3.06GHZ
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

Napoleon wrote:I'd forgotten that existed!
It's at my home :wink: :lol:
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
lexi
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by lexi »

I have stopped drinking coffe now..............10 days and counting. :) First two days were strangely lethargic. The family said I could never give it up.
I have drunk millions of it and was also using one sweetex per cup

I was doing about 8 cups a day, although never took it after 5pm. I have replaced the coffee with tea and bottled water. I don't buzz like a busy bee ATM.

Maybe that is what it was all about?
Citroen C5 1.6 HDI 110bhp Estate 06 plate

French Mistresses gone.
Citroen C5 HDI Mk 1 hatchback
Vel Satis 3.5 v6
ZX 1.9D Est.
ZX 1.9DHatch
Xantia 1.9td est.
Xantia 2.0 hdi Est.
Xantia V6 MK1
Xantia V6 MK 2
Stekelly
My Cars: 2022 Trafic work van
2017 Kadjar

Previous
06 C5 1.6 HDI
00 Xantia 1.8
00 Clio 1.2
98 Xantia Activa (briefly)
97 Partner van
97 Safrane 2.5 Auto
94 Safrane 2.0

Post by Stekelly »

CitroJim wrote:I've just been to the garage and sorted it...

They had me reported as a 'drive off' and had not taken any action yet as they were awaiting a response from DVLA on my address.
Was it not their fault for putting the wrong amount through the till? You can hardly be jailed for not checkign your receipt :-)
Gregg1100
My Cars:

Post by Gregg1100 »

Jim,
I see you have changed your avatar----apart from picking up a Penguin, you nearly picked up a record, criminal one. :mrgreen:

Having 3rd hormone injection next Monday, then radiography starts 11th June. 20 straight days at the hossie, with a mini enema to start off every session. :shock:
Greg
Ps. Got the old Xant MOT'd two weeks ago--drove it straight back into the garden. No car on the road at the mo---no tax, insurance or fuel to worry about. Got my bus pass, can ring a taxi or hire a car if needed. Saving about £450 a year. Still got the bikes though.

90 Kawa EN 500 A1- was running---now dead again
04 Kawa GPZ 500 E10 -alive and well.
54 Fiat Punto 1.2 Dynamic

Old Xantias- 16v 2litre 1997 VSX, 2 x 1993 TD Lx, S2 SX 1.9TD
Old Bx's--3 x 1.9 D, 1x 1.6 Auto, 1 x 1.9 GTi, 1 x 1.9 TZS
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

Gregg1100 wrote: you nearly picked up a record, criminal one.
with our legal system he probably still has/will,
the boys in blue will be giving his car a tugg every time they see it on the road :shock: :-D :twisted: :roll: :wink:

Gregg1100 wrote: Having 3rd hormone injection next Monday, then radiography starts 11th June. 20 straight days at the hossie, with a mini enema to start off every session. :shock:
Greg

hope this goes well for you Greg

regards malcolm
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

citronut wrote: hope this goes well for you Greg
Indeed, all the very best Greg, looking forward to hearing the news of a clean bill of health...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

CitroJim wrote:
citronut wrote: hope this goes well for you Greg
Indeed, all the very best Greg, looking forward to hearing the news of a clean bill of health...
spotted your missing spanner Jim its in your A VARTA :roll: :-D :wink:

regards malcolm
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

citronut wrote: spotted your missing spanner Jim its in your A VARTA :roll: :-D :wink:
I knew I'd find it. A bit like loosing your glasses and finding them on the top of your head...

Or a pencil behind your ear...
Jim