Rattle Rattle.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Rattle Rattle.

Post by CitroJim »

Mike, I have to confess I can't hear it :( Admittedly my hearing is not that good nor my PC sound system but I can't hear anything out of the ordinary at all...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Monkee-Mike

Post by Monkee-Mike »

Must be me...i do get paranoid after a MOT (always scared incase they want it off the road lol) force me into buying some american or japanese s**t lol.
Thanks for your help anyway got to say i trust the people more on here than my local garage...yeai always get the spotty out of college graduate with a Fiesta ST and go faster stripes asking why do i bother having it done? i try to explain but i don't see the point grin and walk away lol.

Thanks again much appreciated.
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

if this is whilst the car is stationary it could well be thrust bearing,

regards malcolm
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Not heard the video (yet...) - does it sound like the engine is pinking, and does it suddenly cut off at a certain revs? If so, then it's almost certainly a worn injector dribbling a bit on the pre-injection phase. The ECU cuts this at 3200 rpm and the noise abruptly stops. The 90s seem more prone to it than 110s - our Picasso does it something terrible, but the 110 Xantia is quiet (in that respect anyway!)
Richard W
Monkee-Mike

Post by Monkee-Mike »

Hi Malcolm
No Its only when I'm moving through the gears. like richard says disappears once i reach certain revs. so I'm gonna go with richards theory and say its a worn injector...is this a big job and expensive....bloody mot stations lol.