xantia v6 hp pump

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Xantia v6 hp pump

Post by CitroJim »

Dave, I'm down in Newport Pagnell and yes, no problem at all. If you want, you can borrow a V6 rack complete as well if you could come and collect...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
dowen

Post by dowen »

Thanks Jim, I spoke to Martin to-day, Hes going to re-condition my original pump and send it back, so , one way or another I can rule it out. What are you asking for the rack? Well, lets hope its the pump.
Regs, Dave.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

That's good Dave, that'll rule out the pump at any rate...
dowen wrote:What are you asking for the rack? Well, lets hope its the pump.
Regs, Dave.
Pass. Not thought that far ahead...

If you need it and can collect it we can then discuss...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
dowen

Post by dowen »

Jim,.... I don't really know how to say this, I found the problem. It wasn't the pump! It Wasn't the pinion valve, or the reg ,or the ram. It was the little bit of 2" tube where it meets the tank. although it was the original it had somehow got enlarged, even though the clips were tight, it was sucking in air.I replaced it with a bit of smaller bore, and the PAS is perfect!
I was taught 40 odd years ago as an apprentice electrician that 95% of faults were the obvious, but I still find myself looking for trouble!
So, I think anyone with PAS probs, go for that first.
Many thanks , Dave.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Excellent stuff Dave :-D That's excellent news indeed... No worries, you know I've had adventures with those stub pipes too and I know how well they hide their failings... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Really pleased this is now all sorted and you've a spare pump into the bargain.... Result!!!
Jim