Citroen Sump Plug

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Johnno
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: C5 2.2 VTR + Nav 173
Mazda 6 2.2 Sports Nav Estate
Jaguar 3.8 MkII 1961
Ex 2007 C5 2.2 Estate
Ex 2003 C5 2.2 Estate
Ex Xantia 2.1 TD Exclusive
Ex BX 1.7 DTR
Ex BX 1.9 TRS

Post by Johnno »

I found the square end of a nail punch did the trick when used with an adjustable spanner.
vanny
My Cars:

Post by vanny »

Im with bob on the bolt idea. Its a huge bolt (26mm head) and is part of my widow maker set. Also included is a lump hammer and redicilously huge screw driver. The big piece of metal come sump plug adapter is often used to 'drift' the pad retainer out of the calipers!
batwad
My Cars:

Post by batwad »

On a slightly different note, is it possible to get replacement sump plugs (hint hint, Jon :-) At the last oil change I managed to gnarl mine up something chronic :-)
Paul Thomas
My Cars:

Post by Paul Thomas »

Had the same problem myself when I first got the Citroen.
Popped into my nearest garage which was Peugeot and bought the correct spanner with two different sized ends for about £5+VAT.
Jon

Post by Jon »

You can go along to a Citroen dealer and ask for a 031121 sump plug, this is the later one with the 21mm hex, and its just 0.94p !!!
Oddly, the earlier type plug with the square hole is £6.71!!!
I do own the proper special tool for the earlier sump plug, its made by Facom, I'll post a pic and the model numbers if anyone wants to either obtain one or maybe make something similar?
batwad
My Cars:

Post by batwad »

I've been very greatful to Screwfix on several occasions when working on my Frenchie. I bought a screwdriver bit set from them a couple of months ago which contained, amongst other things, various size hex bits (including 8mm, yay) and a raft of those awkward Torx head bits that PSA seem so keen on using. There's some absolutely bizarre bits that look like devil horns, radiation symbols, three-pronged Philips heads and pieces which I'm sure are meant as torture devices.
It came with a screwdriver handle, various extender bars and a nice ratchet head. All for around £20 or so. Now my motto is this: <i>If it exists, I can dismantle it</i>.
rg
My Cars:

Post by rg »

How spooky...
I was just about to suggest Screwfix.
I noticed yesterday that their catalogue contains a multiple-head sump plug tool. Fairly cheap IIRC
Their catalogue is good reading material for "the smallest room".
(or is it just me?)
rg