Xantia system pressure

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Xantia system pressure

Post by CitroJim »

Robin, if you are having a lot of LHM spraying from the Activa Roll Corrector leakage return pipe (small clear plastic pipe) when you move the roll corrector than this is a sign one of the rams has a very heavy internal leak.

Which hose to which ram was broken and how did you fix it? This may have caused the problem.

To test the ram by pumping they have to be removed. Easy for the front, not so easy at the rear.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
robin92
My Cars:

Post by robin92 »

one of the hose that control the front ram, not return. I went to a firm that fix hydralic hoses.
I have looked on the return från activa ram when it stands on the ground and there it was no return.

But should it be a high return from the regulator?
Xantia Activa 2.0 tct -96, Xantia Activa v6 - 00
Sorry for my bad English;)
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

robin92 wrote: But should it be a high return from the regulator?
From the Roll regulator (corrector) no, there should not be. There should only be a small flow when the corrector is moving and none when static.

The ram leakage return only flows when the ram is being compressed and will not flow at all when the ram is expanding or static.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
robin92
My Cars:

Post by robin92 »

The activa ram are leaking between - + side, I tested to plug one of the hose to the ram and it worked :D
Now I must get a new front activa ram or repair mine if possible? :D
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

robin92 wrote: Now I must get a new front activa ram or repair mine if possible? :D
Sadly they cannot be repaired Robin, that's the only failure that cannot be repaired on them. It is usually caused by damage to the piston rod and you can often see scores and scratches on it. This is often caused by the concertina gaiter being damaged and allowing road dirt and dust in. It acts as an abrasive on the piston rod.

You're best looking for a used replacement. Don't worry if you get a replacement with a leaking return collar - they can be repaired fairly easily. New rams from Citroen are very expensive :(

Here's how to repair a ram with a leaking return collar: Repairing Leaky Rams. Sadly this won't help yours but it may be useful if a replacement you find is leaking from the return collar.
Jim

Dommo
My Cars: Current
07 C5 VTX+ 2.2 HDi 173hp
97 S1 Activa
06 Boxster S
93 XM 2.1 Turbo SD

Previous cars
91 Toyota Soarer UZZ32 Active Suspension
97 S1 VSX 1.9 Turbo D
99 Xantia Activa
98 2.1TD Xantia
99 306

Post by Dommo »

I have a young front ram spare if you are looking for one, may be tricky to sort postage mind you.
robin92
My Cars:

Post by robin92 »

Dommo wrote:I have a young front ram spare if you are looking for one, may be tricky to sort postage mind you.
okey!
Price?
robin92
My Cars:

Post by robin92 »

Update!
I replaced the ram with used one.
But same symptom :/
It are working if a plug one of the hose at the front ram. But maybe the tube/pipe goes to the rear activa ram and that are the failure?

Anyone that has a good drawing on activa system?
robin92
My Cars:

Post by robin92 »

Up!
Help:/
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

robin92 wrote:Anyone that has a good drawing on activa system?
Take a look around this French Activa club website where you'll find loads of useful info on Activa's.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH