STOLEN

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Re: STOLEN

Post by DickieG »

Citroenmad wrote:I had an excellent day driving the 2cv yesterday, following many other 2cvs across the Yorkshire Moors, such a lot of fun!
In slow motion? :lol:
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

:lol: Quite the opposite! You dont have to hang about in a 2cv, they can press on if your driving them right.

Key is to keep momentum up at all times, corner as fast as it can and keep the revs high. If you let it struggle it will be much harder on the car. Some hills were very steep, a very enjoyable one had two very tight hairpin bends, which would have required 1st gear in any car.

Plus, everything is hightened in a 2cv, it feels faster than it really is. I was impressed given the damp roads at how well it clings on round bends.

I followed a Bini Cooper all the back back from Tan Hill to Richmond, some excellent roads, and kept up all the way, doing between 50-60 most of the time - the road from Layburn to Richmond is quite demanding.

Excellent fun, id have had much less fun in the Activa. Though I do need to try that theory and hope to head up that way again very soon but in the Xantia :lol:
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

thats the hole point you have to partisipate to the fullest when driveing a dersh, they do enjoy being driven hard wind them up in each gear,

regards malcolm