Car Insurance Suggestions:

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

gadgetgricey

Re: Car Insurance Suggestions:

Post by gadgetgricey »

Just tried a quote on swift cover - £760 :-D :-D

M&S seem to be the cheapest the moment, at £420.
Cheers for all the suggestions though.

Do currently own 4 cars, so might consider fleet Insurance. (Two are on a classic policy though)

Cheers

- Dave -
C8 - Petrol Auto (Love the electronic doors)
Xantia Hdi Exclusive Estate (gone but not forgotten)
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Shame it's so hard to form a mutual fund with underwriting...
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

mirafioriman wrote:My Xantia is only a 1.9d but through money supermarket with swiftcover I got insured for just over £200 back in about August.

I'm 40 (just) and have a clean record and 5 years no claims discount.
That sounds a fair price. I'm 38, have 4 years NCB and a wife that's only been driving in the UK 5 years. It costs me £24 per month for the Berlingo fully comp, and £26 for the Puma. It used to cost me £28 a month for a W-reg Xantia HDi. I have no points or convictions anymore, but had got an own-fault write off to the value of £2000 when I got those prices.

Phoning round, rather than using the comparison sites is what usually works for me. I am currently with E-sure. Last year I was with More Than. Before that it was Tesco..
wotwot
(Donor 2021)
My Cars: 1982 GSA 1299
1984 bx 1600
zx 5 door x 2
xantia estate
dispatch
xara picasso
807 SE

Post by wotwot »

WELCOME TO RIP OFF BRITAIN lol.
Its a fact that even though those of us that dont have accidents or claims that we also pay for those that do.
If they were to put all the offset costs onto those that have accidents they would be getting insurance quotes that they could not afford.
Thats my rant for the new year LOL.
I use confused and found them cheaper SO FAR than the other comparison sites,but always a good idea to have a pen and paper to hand and phone as many as possible.Even if you have been quoted on one site phone the insurance company direct and get a quote.
Wishing all the members on here a safe and Happy New Year.
thatfatbloke
My Cars:

Post by thatfatbloke »

Saga wanted £320 to re-insure with them. Went on Go Compare and got it through Marks and Sparks for £212 INCLUDING interest for monthly payment for exactly the same cover. This is for a 2000 Saab 9-3 2.0 turbo 185 bhp. My wife is the named driver on my policy and I am the named driver on her policy for her Synergie.
1996 Synergie 1.9td - the money pit!!. Long gone.
1997 Lexus LS400 - a proper car.
den169
My Cars:

Post by den169 »

I searched for 2 days all the sites rang round and best i could get for my 20 year old son in a fiat punto was £3200,Yes you read it right.Scammers and thieves all these insurance companys i can't believe the government are letting them get away with it.As for saga total utter waste of time forget em.
Timmo
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 58 partner teepee outdoor hdi.
58 C2 Code in black! Fun!

Post by Timmo »

With the young uns they used to base it on The damage caused to other vehicles/property by the age of person and the specific cars, Punto's, corsa's, clio's, polo's, fiesta's, mini's etc. All fetch a Big premium, due to that, is often worth looking for a slightly more obscure make/model for them to start with,
But that said, doesn't exlain why the premiums on our old buses are So costly though!
After All, I am the Cornish one!

'58 C2 Code
'58 partner teepee outdoor
Dommo
My Cars: Current
07 C5 VTX+ 2.2 HDi 173hp
97 S1 Activa
06 Boxster S
93 XM 2.1 Turbo SD

Previous cars
91 Toyota Soarer UZZ32 Active Suspension
97 S1 VSX 1.9 Turbo D
99 Xantia Activa
98 2.1TD Xantia
99 306

Post by Dommo »

Try Admiral Multi-car if you have a few that need insuring, I use them and find them cheapest for single and multi car policies, but so does my brother so maybe there's an anomoly about my house? Not complaining!

£5-600 ish to insure the 1.9 Xantia VSX to do 21k miles a year, goes up to £1200 if I add my new Toyota Soarer to do 5k per year, which bearing in mind it is a Jap import AND a 4 litre V8, is more than acceptable at the age of 22!
pug_owner2002
My Cars:

Post by pug_owner2002 »

I was with swift cover with my car (Seat Leon 1.9TDi) and this year they quoted my £568 :shock: (I paid £390 last year).
Anyway, I went on a few comparison sites (Wow do the prices between insurers vary from comparison site to comparison site!) In the end I went with the Tesco insurance quote from the Tesco Compare site for £328 :-D
Tis worth shopping around, even between the comparison sites. :)
R Reg Phase 2 306 DTurbo (Blaze Yellow) (Sold)
X Reg Phase 3 306 1.4 LX (Sold)
03 Renault Scenic Dynamique +
03 Seat Leon 1.9 TDi
52 Nissan Almera 1.8 sport+
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

pug_owner2002 wrote:I was with swift cover with my car (Seat Leon 1.9TDi) and this year they quoted my £568 :shock: (I paid £390 last year).
Anyway, I went on a few comparison sites (Wow do the prices between insurers vary from comparison site to comparison site!) In the end I went with the Tesco insurance quote from the Tesco Compare site for £328 :-D
Check the small print on that!
My youngest was initially insured through Tesco and went elswhere but had the devil's own job getting the NCB info from them.

There is at least one insurer who is the only one to recognise their NCB so you get practically locked in to them - may be Swiftcover as at least one of the kids went through them.
They all seem to have these little "Easter Eggs" :evil:

I have been with LVIC for years now and I'm aware that I could probably shave a few quid off my premium by renewing with someone else (although the majority quote higher) but they have always been so pleasant to deal with I stay with them for that.
They would always answer the phone within four rings and the person who picked up stayed with you and sorted everything out, they were always well spoken, polite and more to the point knowledgeable and professional.

It has been slightly degraded since they became a subsidiary of one of the other, larger companies* but still seem to have the edge.

*Frizzell :(
Norlander

Post by Norlander »

Scammers and thieves all these insurance companys i can't believe the government are letting them get away with it
Easy to believe since it's entirely consistent with them (and their predecessors)
letting the Banks, multinationals, City spivs, windfarm operators, USA and MPs
away with.... well, just about anything, really.
pug_owner2002
My Cars:

Post by pug_owner2002 »

myglaren wrote:
pug_owner2002 wrote:I was with swift cover with my car (Seat Leon 1.9TDi) and this year they quoted my £568 :shock: (I paid £390 last year).
Check the small print on that!
My youngest was initially insured through Tesco and went elswhere but had the devil's own job getting the NCB info from them.

There is at least one insurer who is the only one to recognise their NCB so you get practically locked in to them - may be Swiftcover as at least one of the kids went through them.
They all seem to have these little "Easter Eggs" :evil:

I have been with LVIC for years now and I'm aware that I could probably shave a few quid off my premium by renewing with someone else (although the majority quote higher) but they have always been so pleasant to deal with I stay with them for that.
They would always answer the phone within four rings and the person who picked up stayed with you and sorted everything out, they were always well spoken, polite and more to the point knowledgeable and professional.

It has been slightly degraded since they became a subsidiary of one of the other, larger companies* but still seem to have the edge.

*Frizzell :(
I was insured with Tesco several years ago and had no problem getting proof of my full no claims. Swift only wanted to say "over 5 years" but I insisted on a letter stating my 13 years. :)
R Reg Phase 2 306 DTurbo (Blaze Yellow) (Sold)
X Reg Phase 3 306 1.4 LX (Sold)
03 Renault Scenic Dynamique +
03 Seat Leon 1.9 TDi
52 Nissan Almera 1.8 sport+
c.morewood
Donor 2023
My Cars: '00 Xantia 110 bhp Hdi SX Estate 65K "W"
'99 Xantia 110 bhp Hdi SX Estate 310K SORN "V"
'98 Xantia 1.9TD SX Estate 150K Sold "T"

Post by c.morewood »

Use a cashback site like quidco or froggybank I got my insurance with the AA last year for £230 and got £50 back 3 months later.. When I had the C2 it cost me £120 and I got £70 back.. If you do your research with go compare then buy it through quidco etc you could save yourself quite a bit of money.
Chris
Chris
Tesla Model 3 LR DM AWD Blue White
'00 Xant 110HdiSX Est 83K "W"
'99 Xant 110HdiSX Est 320K "V"
'98 Xant 1.9TDSX Est 150K "T"
'97 Xant 1.9TD 20k Est
'94 Fiat TipoTd 40K

'85 BMW K100RT 330K Garaged 26yrs '80 Honda CB250 twin Superdream