Gutless Xantia

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

I think there is a little confusion creeping in here about the turbo pipes. There are 2 sets - the large air feed pipes to the intercooler etc and the small signal pipes that dave Burns refers to. These simply communicate intercooler pressure to the extra fuel section of the pump and (on BX) to the overboost warning light. These pipes often fall off or leak and in my case split on the boost warning switch which is under the battery on a BX.
If you disconnect the pipe the extra fuel needed with the turbo is cut off - possibly a simple test - take it off and see if there is any difference.
Jeremy
neil

Post by neil »

I have a 96 td estate, took it to an exhaust place that I trust. He reckoned that it had a cat on it. No sensor on it, so reckoning it was choked, replaced it with a straight pipe front section. Made the throttle response better, with no extra noise. Even if it wasn't a cat, taking the box out of the system made a difference. Mot'd it 2 months later. Sailed the exhaust test.
frankie

Post by frankie »

you can check that there is boost by opening the bonnet and squeezing a turbo pipe (e.g. fat one that goes to the intercooler behind the rad). Try it at idle then rev it to 2000 rpm and it should be much harder to compress.
pete woods
My Cars:

Post by pete woods »

Right I have used injector cleaner & taken it for a thrash. It's better that it was & pulls strongly from 2000 rpm. There is still a bit of hesitating when it is asked to pull from about 1200 rpm until the 2000 mark when all seems well. I have checked all the pipework & all seems fine. There are no odd noises in fact it's quieter than my Passat. There is also no sign of smoke when you cane it which I understand is a symptom of dirty/worn injectors. The only problem now is the hesitating which is a real pain round town, the 1100 rpm tickover (how do you adjust it?) No doubt when the cold weather arrives it will be a pig to start AGAIN! (Guess why I'm a senior member!)