Picadilly (London) Road Changes

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

User avatar
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
Posts: 4896
Joined: 25 Nov 2006, 10:15
x 14

Re: Re:

Post by DickieG » 03 Nov 2011, 23:36

Xac wrote:Bob Crow is one of those real troglodytes that thinks if you can use big words, pronounce your consonants, have money (obviously that would be money earnt through business and not just given to you by your followers) and went to a school that had a tough entrance exam you must be an idiot.
Bob Crow is clearly far too intelligent for Boris as he's had the upper hand on him every time, not that there was much of a challenge for him there.

Xac maybe you could tell me, has Boris managed to hold onto any of original "Advisors" or have all them now been sacked for corruption of one sort or another?

User avatar
Xaccers
Posts: 7654
Joined: 08 Feb 2007, 00:46
x 3

Re: Re:

Post by Xaccers » 03 Nov 2011, 23:41

DickieG wrote:
Xac wrote:Bob Crow is one of those real troglodytes that thinks if you can use big words, pronounce your consonants, have money (obviously that would be money earnt through business and not just given to you by your followers) and went to a school that had a tough entrance exam you must be an idiot.
Bob Crow is clearly far too intelligent for Boris as he's had the upper hand on him every time, not that there was much of a challenge for him there.

Xac maybe you could tell me, has Boris managed to hold onto any of original "Advisors" or have all them now been sacked for corruption of one sort or another?
Since when does blackmail require intelligence?
In debates Bob normally comes off as the rude scumbag that he is.
But hey, if you think London's finances are best syphoned off to overpaid railway workers rather than services, then I suppose I can see why you'd apparently think highly of him.

User avatar
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
Posts: 4896
Joined: 25 Nov 2006, 10:15
x 14

Re: Re:

Post by DickieG » 04 Nov 2011, 00:16

Xac wrote:Since when does blackmail require intelligence?
In debates Bob normally comes off as the rude scumbag that he is.
But hey, if you think London's finances are best syphoned off to overpaid railway workers rather than services, then I suppose I can see why you'd apparently think highly of him.
I only mentioned Bob Crow in answer to you saying what a good job Boris had done in curbing union power,,,,

Call it blackmail or whatever term you like but if you were comparing Bob Crow with bumbling Boris on how efficient each of them have been in accordance with their job description it'd be like comparing Manchester City with a pub team. Bob Crow's job is protect the membership of the RMT, clearly he's done a rather good job of it and is far more intelligent than many like to believe, I'm not fooled by his "Essix" accent or be taken in by an Eton one :wink:

User avatar
Xaccers
Posts: 7654
Joined: 08 Feb 2007, 00:46
x 3

Re: Re:

Post by Xaccers » 04 Nov 2011, 00:19

DickieG wrote: I only mentioned Bob Crow in answer to you saying what a good job Boris had done in curbing union power,,,,
Pain killers affecting your eyes tonight Richard? I never said that :)

User avatar
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
Posts: 4896
Joined: 25 Nov 2006, 10:15
x 14

Re: Re:

Post by DickieG » 04 Nov 2011, 00:57

Xac wrote:
DickieG wrote: I only mentioned Bob Crow in answer to you saying what a good job Boris had done in curbing union power,,,,
Pain killers affecting your eyes tonight Richard? I never said that :)
Xac wrote:Having seen him take on Labour's comittee members and union oiks he has a very sharp mind.
If people want to underestimate him all the better, they usually come off worse.
Call me suffering from deluions induced by medication if you wish (and use the very rude term of calling union members "Oiks") but I cannot for the life of me see how you can make such an accusation unless you are now desperately splitting hairs due to me raising a fact that proves Boris has failed in his attempts to get the better of the RMT.

Boris's mind is not as sharp as you obviously think.

User avatar
Xaccers
Posts: 7654
Joined: 08 Feb 2007, 00:46
x 3

Re: Re:

Post by Xaccers » 04 Nov 2011, 01:31

DickieG wrote:
Xac wrote:Having seen him take on Labour's comittee members and union oiks he has a very sharp mind.
If people want to underestimate him all the better, they usually come off worse.
Call me suffering from deluions induced by medication if you wish and use the very rude term of calling union members "Oiks" but I cannot for the life of me see how you can make such accusations unless you are now desperately splitting hairs due to me raising a fact that proves Boris has failed in his attempts to get the better of the RMT.

Boris's mind is not as sharp as you obviously think.
Ok, you're suffering from deluions induced by medication ;)
As you can see, I said that where I've seen him take on Labour's comittee members and union oiks has shown he actually has a very sharp mind.
Oik, meaning someone who behaves in a rude or unacceptable way (describes Bob quite well considering his behaviour on the radio and question time).
I'm not splitting hairs, you're trying to crowbar a different meaning into my post.

ACTIVE8
Posts: 2317
Joined: 16 Nov 2004, 17:49
x 1

Re: Picadilly (London) Road Changes

Post by ACTIVE8 » 04 Nov 2011, 01:40

It appears that the driver of a truck that followed Boris, and a bunch of others who were out on a PR stunt with him, were nearly caught by the rear doors of the truck, by a not so sharp truck driver, who apparently did not fasten the rear doors correctly.

Apparently they were in Limehouse looking for ways to improve the cycling experience in London.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/8066461.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The footage is from a CCTV camera, and they were very near to that truck, when it hit those cars!

User avatar
Xaccers
Posts: 7654
Joined: 08 Feb 2007, 00:46
x 3

Re: Picadilly (London) Road Changes

Post by Xaccers » 04 Nov 2011, 01:46

ACTIVE8 wrote:It appears that the driver of a truck that followed Boris, and a bunch of others who were out on a PR stunt with him, were nearly caught by the rear doors of the truck, by a not so sharp truck driver, who apparently did not fasten the rear doors correctly.

Apparently they were in Limehouse looking for ways to improve the cycling experience in London.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/8066461.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The footage is from a CCTV camera, and they were very near to that truck, when it hit those cars!
Yup that was back in 2009.
I believe that was that start of what became the successful Boris bike scheme that I see being used so much whenever I'm in London. Been tempted to use one myself.

ACTIVE8
Posts: 2317
Joined: 16 Nov 2004, 17:49
x 1

Re: Picadilly (London) Road Changes

Post by ACTIVE8 » 04 Nov 2011, 02:06

Xac wrote:
ACTIVE8 wrote:It appears that the driver of a truck that followed Boris, and a bunch of others who were out on a PR stunt with him, were nearly caught by the rear doors of the truck, by a not so sharp truck driver, who apparently did not fasten the rear doors correctly.

Apparently they were in Limehouse looking for ways to improve the cycling experience in London.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/8066461.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The footage is from a CCTV camera, and they were very near to that truck, when it hit those cars!
Yup that was back in 2009.
I believe that was that start of what became the successful Boris bike scheme that I see being used so much whenever I'm in London. Been tempted to use one myself.
Yes the Boris bikes have been very popular, and at least that brown trouser moment that BJ encountered didn't put them off.

Having been to Holland many a time it appears that we have a lot of cyclists here now also, although in Holland it's a lot safer to ride there, because of the priority that is given to bikes on the road, and in the road law that protects them, along with the road design.

One report about that 2009 incident when I searched for it on Google, said a Cockney was out to get him and missed!

User avatar
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
Posts: 4896
Joined: 25 Nov 2006, 10:15
x 14

Re: Picadilly (London) Road Changes

Post by DickieG » 04 Nov 2011, 02:17

Xac, yet again you choose to row and squirm for England once cornered, what are you like :roll:
Xac wrote:Yup that was back in 2009.
I believe that was that start of what became the successful Boris bike scheme that I see being used so much whenever I'm in London. Been tempted to use one myself.
The Boris bike scheme, hmm, the feasibility study for it was requested by Ken Livingstone nine months before the 2008 Mayor elections although the original idea was arguably put forward by a Lib Dem assembly member in 2001.


As for who can be described as an Oik would you agree that anyone who admits smashing up restaurants and setting fire to toilets qualify as Oiks? :wink:

User avatar
Xaccers
Posts: 7654
Joined: 08 Feb 2007, 00:46
x 3

Re: Picadilly (London) Road Changes

Post by Xaccers » 04 Nov 2011, 10:15

DickieG wrote:Xac, yet again you choose to row and squirm for England once cornered, what are you like :roll:
Xac wrote:Yup that was back in 2009.
I believe that was that start of what became the successful Boris bike scheme that I see being used so much whenever I'm in London. Been tempted to use one myself.
The Boris bike scheme, hmm, the feasibility study for it was requested by Ken Livingstone nine months before the 2008 Mayor elections although the original idea was arguably put forward by a Lib Dem assembly member in 2001.


As for who can be described as an Oik would you agree that anyone who admits smashing up restaurants and setting fire to toilets qualify as Oiks? :wink:
Ah Ken "I can't stand Jews" Livingstone, not a particularly nice man, unless you've sent young men and boys to their death by blowing themselves up taking a few Israeli civilians with them, then he'll invite you round for afternoon tea.

If they were rude whilst smashing up a restaurant (we're talking tipping over tables breaking a few glasses and setting some toilet paper alight) then yes Oik would be an appropriate term, however my understanding of the incident you raise is that no criminal convictions were saught and suitable recompense was paid to the establishment owner, which is hardly what an oik would do. Perhaps describing them at the time as drunken louts would be more accurate.
I certainly don't recall the RMT paying recompense when some of its members smashed up a pub near Brighton a few years or so back. They did however try to get them off scott free though.
A close friend of mine in the GMB was saying recently how he had to threaten a company with industrial action for daring to want to sack one of his stewards who had been sexually harrassing another (non-union) member of staff. Charming people.

User avatar
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
Posts: 4896
Joined: 25 Nov 2006, 10:15
x 14

Re: Picadilly (London) Road Changes

Post by DickieG » 04 Nov 2011, 11:26

Xac wrote:Ah Ken "I can't stand Jews" Livingstone, not a particularly nice man, unless you've sent young men and boys to their death by blowing themselves up taking a few Israeli civilians with them, then he'll invite you round for afternoon tea.

If they were rude whilst smashing up a restaurant (we're talking tipping over tables breaking a few glasses and setting some toilet paper alight) then yes Oik would be an appropriate term, however my understanding of the incident you raise is that no criminal convictions were saught and suitable recompense was paid to the establishment owner, which is hardly what an oik would do. Perhaps describing them at the time as drunken louts would be more accurate.
I certainly don't recall the RMT paying recompense when some of its members smashed up a pub near Brighton a few years or so back. They did however try to get them off scott free though.
A close friend of mine in the GMB was saying recently how he had to threaten a company with industrial action for daring to want to sack one of his stewards who had been sexually harrassing another (non-union) member of staff. Charming people.
Excellent so we're both agreed that David Cameron and Boris Johnson are Oik's :-D :lol:

The point you make about them paying recompense just shows that they were bang to rights, end of. In cases of criminal damage where the suspect is bang to rights like that it's very unusual for the defendant to risk taking a case to court when they have the ability to pay for the damage as they'll still end up paying in addition to prosecution costs and risking a criminal conviction, so your argument is hardly a case of the Oik's being honourable. Boris Johnson and David Cameron were fortunate enough to have the means to squirm out of their criminal antic's.

It was in no way a spontaneous moment of madness as they were member of the Bullingdon club, now to use a quote from The Daily Telegraph "The Bullingdon modus operandi is to book a restaurant under a false name, smash it up, and throw large amounts of money at the upset owners."

Nice people you try to defend and promote Xac, I would have really appreciated those clowns as I was sat down enjoying a meal with friends when those Oik's decided to have their "fun", shame on you [-X


Apologies I didn't realise that I'd said that Ken Livingstone was a nice man, I thought I stated that the London bike hire scheme was not Boris's idea, good lord my memory must be going :?


I don't know of the pub case you mention Xac but quite why the RMT would need to pay for what you allege some of its members have done is somewhat strange, did the Bullingdon Club pay for Cameron and Johnsons damage? Were there any criminal convictions to prove the case? Were the RMT found liable?


Ah that "I've got a mate" argument, best you give up rather than go that route, please excuse me as I'm feeling rather :zzz: :zzz: :zzz:

User avatar
Xaccers
Posts: 7654
Joined: 08 Feb 2007, 00:46
x 3

Re: Picadilly (London) Road Changes

Post by Xaccers » 04 Nov 2011, 12:35

DickieG wrote:
Xac wrote:Ah Ken "I can't stand Jews" Livingstone, not a particularly nice man, unless you've sent young men and boys to their death by blowing themselves up taking a few Israeli civilians with them, then he'll invite you round for afternoon tea.

If they were rude whilst smashing up a restaurant (we're talking tipping over tables breaking a few glasses and setting some toilet paper alight) then yes Oik would be an appropriate term, however my understanding of the incident you raise is that no criminal convictions were saught and suitable recompense was paid to the establishment owner, which is hardly what an oik would do. Perhaps describing them at the time as drunken louts would be more accurate.
I certainly don't recall the RMT paying recompense when some of its members smashed up a pub near Brighton a few years or so back. They did however try to get them off scott free though.
A close friend of mine in the GMB was saying recently how he had to threaten a company with industrial action for daring to want to sack one of his stewards who had been sexually harrassing another (non-union) member of staff. Charming people.
Excellent so we're both agreed that David Cameron and Boris Johnson are Oik's :-D :lol:

The point you make about them paying recompense just shows that they were bang to rights, end of. In cases of criminal damage where the suspect is bang to rights like that it's very unusual for the defendant to risk taking a case to court when they have the ability to pay for the damage as they'll still end up paying in addition to prosecution costs and risking a criminal conviction, so your argument is hardly a case of the Oik's being honourable. Boris Johnson and David Cameron were fortunate enough to have the means to squirm out of their criminal antic's.
I do wish you would read my posts properly Richard, as I stated it was loutish behaviour not oikish.
Surly if a criminal act has been performed then they would have received at least a caution, or are you suggesting the police are corrupt? After all if they will caution a man for "beating" his partner when what he did was slap her to stop her punching him any more during a violent drunken attack on him simply because he wouldn't search for some mundane thing on google and walked away rather than have an argument, then surely a caution for breaking a few glasses would be likely.
Similarly if the behaviour is often repeated the subject would be a lout rather than just having participated in loutish behaviour. In the case of Bob Crow, he repeatedly behaves in a rude and unacceptable way, ergo he is an oik.
One thing I have not heard reports of is Cameron or Boris being repeatedly rude.

User avatar
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
Posts: 4896
Joined: 25 Nov 2006, 10:15
x 14

Re: Picadilly (London) Road Changes

Post by DickieG » 04 Nov 2011, 14:25

Xac wrote:I do wish you would read my posts properly Richard, as I stated it was loutish behaviour not oikish.
Xac, what planet are you on? Try landing on earth where everyone else is and stop splitting hairs, how on earth can anyone with a decent sense of right and wrong ever try to excuse their behaviour being anything other than that of an Oik?

OK if you prefer to call them louts remind yourself of how you in your own words are happy to describe Cameron and Johnson's behaviour;

Definition of a lout = "boorish: ill-mannered and coarse and contemptible in behaviour or appearance; "was boorish and insensitive"; "the loutish manners of a bully"; "her stupid oafish husband"; "aristocratic contempt for the swinish multitude". Are you happy with that Xac? I'll go along with that description if you prefer it.

Oik = "An uncouth or obnoxious person again". Ah fits like a glove as well as both expressions show them for what they are :roll:

Unless of course you think its acceptable to smash up someone else's property as long as you then pay for the damage, send me your address and I'll pop round to your house later and put that to the test.

Xac wrote:Surly if a criminal act has been performed then they would have received at least a caution, or are you suggesting the police are corrupt? After all if they will caution a man for "beating" his partner when what he did was slap her to stop her punching him any more during a violent drunken attack on him simply because he wouldn't search for some mundane thing on google and walked away rather than have an argument, then surely a caution for breaking a few glasses would be likely.
Oh dear your knowledge of law and Police procedures is very low indeed so best you stay away from that department in the future :wink: There's one word needed to refute your suggestion that I'm alleging that the Police were corrupt, its called "evidence". So let me take you back to the second day of a Police Officers career following introduction to basic recruit training. If there is no direct evidence being supplied by a witness then there is no case to answer as the case cannot be proved. In a case of Criminal Damage the victim has to supply a "Losers Statement" detailing his or her losses, there also needs to be direct evidence supplied by a witness in court to say that each person did what. Without those elements there is no case. If the case cannot be proved a caution cannot be given. Got that?

What happened in this instance is that Cameron and Johnston effectively bought their way out of criminal convictions by paying for the damage they caused or in other words bought the victims silence, now some might allege that to be a form of corruption, may they not? Whatever, its very commonplace, pay the victim off so that they no longer want to go through the hassle of going to court. You may be happy with that and excuse such behaviour, personally I think it stinks especially when its as pre-meditated as the Bullingdon Club operated. I'm very surprised at you Xac, I never put you down as an anarchist, still you live and learn.

If you are alleging assault in the domestic circumstances you describe (not too sure I've come across the offence of "Beating" before) a slap is a form of assault albeit generally classed as "Common Assault" the lowest level of assault charges, just like your other explanations your thinking appears to be rather muddled. The man has the right to defend himself but does not have the right to do any more than that, so if you have a small woman thumping a man and he then gives her a right hander he'll have quite a job defending his actions, as all he needed to do was take hold of her arms for instance.

Take the Tony Martin case, he was convicted of killing the burglar as he shot him in the back as he was running away, if he had shot him face to face in his house and the burglar was threatening him with a knife or gun there would have been no case to answer as long as he could prove that he had the honest held belief that his own life was in danger. As the burglar was running away that clearly wasn't the case so he was quite rightly found guilty. There have been a number of recent cases where burglars have been killed by householders and no further action or charges have been brought against the householder who killed the burglar for the reasons I mention above.

Let me remind you that the Police have to refer each case to the CPS to decide whether a person is charged with an offence or not, the Police are effectively evidence gatherers, the CPS make the final decision. Please don't throw silly allegations at me without foundation, know your subject before making such a suggestion.
Xac wrote:Similarly if the behaviour is often repeated the subject would be a lout rather than just having participated in loutish behaviour. In the case of Bob Crow, he repeatedly behaves in a rude and unacceptable way, ergo he is an oik.
Go on Xac, admit it, in his job description Bob Crow has been very successful indeed, we all know that if you were working on the railways you'd be grateful for what he's achieved, he's not there to be liked by you, his job is to secure the best package for his members. I only mentioned his name in response to you saying that Boris was good at challenging the unions, clearly he's not as good at it as you claim.

You claim Bob to be an Oik, maybe he his but one things for sure, he hasn't gone around deliberately smashing up other people property for fun :wink: I'd take Bob's blunt nature or rudeness over Cameron and Johnson's criminal behaviour every day of the week. Clearly you you excuse criminal behaviour as long as you pay for the damage afterwards, heaven help any kids you bring up with that state of mind, you'll be pennyless and your kids will end up in care :roll:
Xac wrote:One thing I have not heard reports of is Cameron or Boris being repeatedly rude.
Oh dear here you go again, do you really want me to remind you of these words "Calm down dear" and before I go looking elsewhere for more facts rather than fiction to back up any of my arguments, I've always thought it rude not to answer a question when someone asks you one so on that basis Boris must be the rudest person on earth as he's never done that in his life! :lol:

User avatar
Xaccers
Posts: 7654
Joined: 08 Feb 2007, 00:46
x 3

Re: Picadilly (London) Road Changes

Post by Xaccers » 05 Nov 2011, 00:50

I'm backing away from this thread, I was having a really bad day and it was bringing out my darkside which I don't want on this forum.