Autobox Problem

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Autobox Problem

Post by CitroJim »

Excellent on the valveblock :-D
Carsten S wrote: What pricetag has a refurbished converter? And is there a sure way to tell it's dead?
Chris570 can tell you precisely Carsten but it was around GBP120 when arranged through AutomaticChoice. For you it'll be more as there is freight costs to and from Scotland.

There is no way to tell if a torque converter is bad but yours appears to be. It's normal practice to just have them rebuilt irrespective of condition - a bit like how you'd always replace a clutch on a manual car when doing work on the gearbox. It's virtually a consumable service item.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Carsten S
My Cars: 2001 Citroen C5 V6 aut.

Post by Carsten S »

120£ - Thats a bargain. I've calculated at least 400-500£

A new from Citroën is pretty expensive.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

I think it's a bargain too :-D

This is the company AutomaticChoice use and must have special arrangements with - Mackie Transmissions

It is good value when you see what they do to them!!!
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...