Xantia 2.1 spotting

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Re: Xantia 2.1 spotting

Post by Citroenmad »

scr8pdo wrote:
Citroenmad wrote:A 605 is no doubt more costly to insure than a HDi Xantia!
scr8pdo wrote:Are the 2.1 Xantias safe to run on veg oil, I hear that the Lucas Epic pumps are weak in comparrison to the Bosch, or can they be converted to a bosch pump?
Yes, your best avoiding veg oil with an Epic pump, people have converted to Bosch but its not as simple as just swapping the pump.

If you want a 2.1 on veg you migh tbe bets finding a Bosch XM 2.1, though that is no easy task :lol:
Thanks for the advice mate, its a shame, the last 2 Xantias I had were 1.9, one was a TD and the other was non turbo but they happily ran well on veg oil along with a couple of Pug 406 DTs, I thought the 2.1 was the one to go for but I must have been mis informed, the car goes well, I fiddled with the pumps on the 1.9s and got some extra power but I believe its a no no on these Lucas pumps???

Im not the best person to ask as ive not looked into running on veg. Our 2.1 XM is a Bosch pump variety, though that will never see veg oil.

The 1.9s are probably the best for veg running, as they Bosch pump seems to handle it fairly well.
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10