806 relays+more

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Harlequin
Donor 2023
My Cars: Xantia Activa - one day I`ll own her again! Also miss my `old` 405 GLx4
2005 C5 3 Litre V6 Exclusive in Mauritius Blue and my 1997 Xantia Exclusive V6

Re: 806 relays+more

Post by Harlequin »

loving this car lol - siezed drop links with 1 needing grinding off , ball joint came apart when removing the wishbone and a snapped spot welded nut on the anti roll bar bush bracket...

all `nuts and bolts` work - and still the airbag light eludes me :(
Simon
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Harlequin wrote:loving this car lol - siezed drop links with 1 needing grinding off , ball joint came apart when removing the wishbone and a snapped spot welded nut on the anti roll bar bush bracket...
All part of the fun... Droplinks nearly always need at least one application of the angel grinder or hacksaw... That balljoint was bad though...

Harlequin wrote:all `nuts and bolts` work - and still the airbag light eludes me :(
Get it to a person who can pop it on diagnostics. Some people mentioned in the Lexia Locations thread may also have the Peugeot Planet diagnostics as part of their 'Chinese Copy' Citroen Lexias and may be happy to assist. A quick diagnostic on the airbag system can save days of scratching around...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Harlequin
Donor 2023
My Cars: Xantia Activa - one day I`ll own her again! Also miss my `old` 405 GLx4

Post by Harlequin »

aye not impressed with the ball joint - saw it had a little play - just wasnt expecting this - got a touch on ebay , 2 wishbones for £25 new :D , yeah had a long thought about it and think i will - when its back mobile. ofc how easy is the airbag ecu to get to? i do believe its under the dash somewhere?
Simon
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

I *think* having spare wires there is normal, given some models might have a different seat airbag loom and / or side airbags. I don't have any technical data on the SRS unfortunately.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
Harlequin
Donor 2023

Post by Harlequin »

well its all bolted back together - nice to see its driving in a straight line :D - a little constant noise grumble now - doesnt vary in pitch with road speed , just 1 noise... anyone any ideas? will find some speed humps later and go over them as well. airbag light is a mystery - the wires arent live... is it an earth feed system? and the port under the steering wheel doesnt look like the OBD one , looks the older type.
Simon
Harlequin
Donor 2023

Post by Harlequin »

a little more on that `noise` - its as if something is loose , defeinately mechanical and nothing to do with speed humps , engine on or off - bah , fix one thing and create another!

will defiantely be getting it on a machine for the airbag light :(
Simon
Harlequin
Donor 2023

Post by Harlequin »

after sorting everything else (teach me for getting a cheap car i know)

theres now a clattering from the back en d - replaced both shocks and since its started; it doesnt matter on speed , engine on or off or turning , theres a clatter - any idea`s? only happened since changing both rear shocks
Simon
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

Is it actually coming from the new shocks ?

With the car on the ground on its wheels grab a shock and move it by hand side to side etc to check that its not faulty (rare but not unknown)

After that it will be a case of supporting it off its wheels and checking for movement etc in various components, as it does it all the time it should not be difficult to find, hopefully.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
Harlequin
Donor 2023

Post by Harlequin »

aye , was thinking maybe a worn bush - as one shock was totally u/s , might have been that way for a while - and since the bushes are original the extra stress from an empty shock could have worn it out - and now the weight is back off the back its clattering
Simon